passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo DS Lite Battery?

stu

How long is the life of one of these?

How do you know you're getting to the stage of having to replace it?

In the last few days I've noticed that I'm having to charge mine up every day, only getting about 4 hours of use out of it.. Is this normal?

Should I get a replacement, if so, how much/easy to fit?

Thank you

If you're using the R4 DS card, the battery life does suffer. Until I started using that, I didn't have to charge my DS for ages! Touch screen use also depletes the battery quicker than button-only games.

4hrs isn't normal, though. Unless you're on WiFi, brightness on full, using the touch screen!

Easy to fit, just need a tiny screwdriver to undo the battery cover.

cant remember the last timei charged my ds lite must have been a month ago, but havent played much recently,

have you got anything pugged in liek using ear phones or one of the flash cards, they can drain the battery, and the contrast level might effect it

pritty sure Game does replacement batterys, ebay has loads for a fewquid

Click here.

I usually whack the charger in when the light goes red.

Aye, have been playing an awful lot of touch screen games lately, and the R4 with the awesome homebrew minesweeper (with added mic goodness!), so that might explain it.

I think i might get a new battery anyway, my Lite was second hand when I got it so I don't think it can hurt.... 11€ from the uk ninty website doesn't seem bad.

Guest Barron Pipeoff

they do degrade over time thoughy, it would be an easy process to buy and replace it, I assume it is the block with the screws in it on the bottom....

• 10 months later...