passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

illdog

Glitchy, slow and rock hard. Re-appearing enemies, terribly unbalanced characters and rock hard. Turtles is awsome.

In 1990 i was 13 and i borrowed this game off a mate and despite the above crimes against gamimg I loved it - and I still love it now. The music brings the memories flooding back, and with those memories came the reminder that when i was 13 I could never get past level 3. Lets hope that nearly 17 years of extra videogames practice has made me better.

Just beat the Rhino (Rocksteady/Beebop - cant remember), so that level 1 down.

Is this the NES game?

I downloaded the Turtles Arcade game on Live the other night and it was freaking brilliant...or should I say COWABUNGA!

Turtles IV (in time?) on the SNES was my all time favourite though :)

I played the demo of the arcade one the other night and sadly it wasn't as sweet as I remembered it.

I very nearly bought this over the weekend, but all I could think of was....

I still might buy it just to taste a bit of gaming legend.

Chinzon wrote:

Not sure if I'd "shell" out for this :D:D

Thank the lord for corsets, cos my poor sides....:)

Ive already got further into level 3 than i ever have before - woohoo! In your face younger me. Im enjoying this loads and the fact that i havent seen most of this classic makes me want to play it even more. I booted up the old Wii before i came to work this morning intending t play a little Sonic and ended up putting this on instead...

I remember mysel;f having fun with this game back then.

But nowadays, I'm thinking more like that angry Nintendo gamer Hendo linked to.

Problem with retrogames, is that while some are still dead fun to play, there's also a lot of them who were definitely better back then, when we were little kids that didn't know anything better...

There's good retro, and there's bad retro.

Pac-Man is good retro. Mario Bros (original) is good retro. Galaga, Gyruss, Donkey Kong, Castlevania, Contra, Burger Time, are all good retro.

TMNT isn't. Like Yo Noid!, T&C Surf Design, Bart Simpson vs Space Mutants, Roger Rabbit, and all the games from Color Dreams... Oh, and E.T. on the 2600.

Yesssssssss /Napoleon Dynamite

After 17 years I finally pwned Level 3.

The bit i always used to get stuck on was a sewer level that leads to the last part of the level. Its full of precarious jumps that chucks new enemies at you in mid air whilst the screen scrolls and you have to be on full alert 100% of the time, and even thats not enough. Luckily after dying 50 or 60 times you know it like the back of your ass.

After negotiating this nightmare and getting to the roof of the last building two bosses await you. I only got to them twice as a kid and both times, after narrowly beating the first boss i would get spanked by the second. But at 7am this morning i beat both the cunts and only took on hit with my nearly 30 skills.

Level 4 awaits baby! And it looks hard. :(

Hendo wrote:

You know, after someone on GTM linked to a scan of an old issue of Commodore Format, I remembered that I had a Turtles game on the C64 and it looks suspiciously similar....

The C64 graphics may eve be better than the NES!

This game is a harsh mistress indeed. I died on the ultra rock solid level four (right near the bastard end) and I was out of continues! I have to do the whole fucking game again!

Fuck that.

Ah the joys of retro gaming, no wonder there are so many angry young men in the world right now, its all due to rock hard gaming. You either have anger manangement issues or you're subdued to block out the pain, Im more of a subdued I think. I had this on the gameboy and I think I actually managed to beat it but it was so hard, with master splinter's 'guess my number im thinking of' where you had three goes to guess it. Fuck that.

illdog wrote:

I died on the ultra rock solid level four (right near the bastard end) and I was out of continues! I have to do the whole fucking game again!

Fuck that.

If it's all the same to you, I'll skip on this one...