passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II

one-armed dwarf

This just got announced. There were a number of elements about the first that put me off, but this is a great looking trailer

The idea with it afaik is it's a RPG which is very into verisimilitude. Things being all realistic, even to a mundane and frustrating degree, but doing so in order to make its role playing feel immersive

I feel it's probably the kind of game I would like. The presentation here is pretty impressive, Witcher vibes

KCD was alright - definitely a bit closer to Witcher than ES games (in terms of playing set protagonist) but also has that janky roughness of Risen (and the early game toughness of that and Elex - for a good while you are pretty poor at combat and can die easily).

The whole realism thing is often more a hindrance than bonus though - you need to actually master real hard skills (how controller & game mechanic works) in order to lockpick and use archery successfully - and the learning curve can be pretty painful (lockpicks & arrows are pretty scarce and expensive relative to your wealth, at the beginning, and it's really heartbreaking to break or lose them when you're getting to grips with the gameplay).

Even Alchemy skills meant carefully following a set recipe in specific order to make your concoctions (this isn't just chucking things into a pot BotW style, but it's mashing, mixing, boiling etc) - nothing here is given without making you work a bit for it.

Not really sure it delivers on its expectations and ambitions - but certainly worth a run through (if you've got the patience).