passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Olli Olli World

mfnick

It’s fab. 

Anyone else played it? I’m still not a fan of the graphical style - I think the old pixel look suited it loads better. And my God it’s got a lot of talking in it for some reason but the gameplay is tight as fuck and so much fun once you get passed the overly simple opening few levels. 

No, I want it, though. Think it’s £16 on Xbox or something but I really want it on Switch. 

I agree with the art style, though. I was happy to see a new OlliOlli but the look of it was a bit err…

This has proper clicked for me now. It’s fantastic. One of those masterful games which just ups the complexity on a perfect curve. Up to the 3rd world now and gone from being able to basically just finish levels doing the odd trick and challenges to now stringing combos throughout entire levels (almost).

If you play this I strongly recommend you don’t get hung up on trying to 100% levels and their challenges, the later tutorials/abilities and skills are near essential to them and will make them so much easier. Fight that urge, play through it first and then go back. 

22 hours ago, Maf said:

really want it on Switch.

The controls do get a bit fiddly once they layer more abilities on. Can’t imagine it’d be enjoyable on those joycons at all by that point. Unless you have the Hori splitpad then go for it. 

All the main levels/story now completed. Really fucking good.

Only complaint I’ve got (apart from the art style which I still didn’t like by the end) is it gets just a bit too complex for its own good towards the end with the abilities it chucks at you. There’s just too many stick and button combinations you need to remember and carry out at speed while also not repeating stick movements. It won’t stop you being able to complete it but looking at some of the score requirements to get 100%. Sheesh! They’re rough and will be impossible without the extra tricks at the end. 

I’ll definitely be going back to the first few  worlds and getting those levels 100%’d though.