passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dying Light 2 Stay Human

DisturbedSwan

Still doesn't work online, and according to a lot of users on twitter and facebook, the new patch has also broken the workarounds that a lot of users were having to use to get online, though none of those worked at all for me...

Still plugging away at this last week, my profile on PSN now says 72 hours.

I don't think I'm gonna go for the 100% completion now. Some of the side quests and activities are starting to grate and I'm not getting as much fun from looting buildings and stuff as I used to after all these hours. I don't think weapons and stuff are at the same level I am either, I think I'm Level 7 or 8 and I think all weapons and stuff I find are Level 6 max, which is probably due to not doing more of the story, but still, it would be nice if they level with you so to speak. I haven't picked up any worthwhile loot for awhile now and end up ignoring most of it which is a shame.

There's these missions which I think are meant to ape the Guild missions of something like Skyrim, where you start on the lowest rung of the ladder then work your way up whilst getting to know the members of the Guild and their different personal dynamics. The problem is that the missions themselves are just fetch quests of either delivering a package to someone (in the Carrier Guild) or finding books in an empty apartment to bring back to a collector (for the book club). I begrudgingly finished all these missions (there's 10 each) and then a new one started which is for some kind of Witch in a new area of the city and I just said nope, I ain't doing that again. 

Thankfully though, after a long time not touching the story I did quite a few missions including one where you have to reach the top of the tallest tower (VNC Tower) in the game and it was fucking awesome. Pretty much everything I love about the game distilled into one mission, parkour puzzles, satisfying platforming and problem solving, some harder than usual enemies to smash into smithereens and stuff. Just such great fun and so incredibly satisfying. 

Can't wait to go back to it now and plough through. I've got almost all districts complete now including all the Metro Stations, Electrical Substations and GRE Hospitals complete, just need to do a few more GRE anomalies and find a few more of the parachute stashes really, I'll leave everything else now aside from a few side quests and just plough on with the story. I don't think I'll have it finished by the end of this weekend coming but hopefully by next weekend it'll be finally clocked. 

I should really boot this up for a session... I've pretty much forgotten what I was actually doing in the game, if I leave it much longer I'll forget how to play the thing full stop.😂

Finally finished this at the weekend with 76 hours on the clock according to PSN.

You can probably tell from my last post but I got a bit burnt out on it at the end. Still managed to pretty much finish off everything I wanted to and cleared all the military drops, substations, bandit camps, GRE anomalies, GRE hospitals, Windmills and Metro Stations. I left a lot of the side quests towards the end though, the Witch one I mentioned above and few others I picked up right towards the end of the game.

I pretty much mainlined the story and finished it in the early hour of Saturday morning. I didn't actually have much more to do surprisingly, I thought I was quite a ways off the end but after two missions it gave me the point of no return warning and then ploughed on through to the end. Unfortunately there weren't any more memorable missions and it actually ends on a bad note with one of the worst boss fights I've had in recent years. 

So, it's fair to say it's ended up as a bit of a mixed bag for me. I think what is a real triumph is the open world and the parkour, unfortunately though that side of the game isn't backed up by the story and definitely isn't backed up with many interesting side quests really. The side activities on offer are fun at first but you'll get bored of doing the same things towards the end as well but they don't repeat to the extent of some of Ubi's old titles thankfully, so it could've been worse. 

What you're left with is a fantastic city to explore with a fantastic way of exploring it (with the paraglider and parkour) but no memorable characters or activities really, the closest you get to an interesting character is Lawan (played by Rosario Dawson) who is great and the best character in the game by a country mile but the writing unfortunately couldn't keep up with her performance. 

I still had a good time with it overall though, and would definitely recommend it. I just wouldn't recommend doing as much of the side stuff as I did though as it did mean I got burnt out on it by the end. It's still a really fun game of dropkicking zombies off skyscrapers and jumping from rooftop to rooftop, just the story side of things is lacking and it outstays its welcome a little bit more than the first game did.