passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Elite Beat Agents

Hendo

It's great!

That's all you need to know, really.

I went through the whole of the tutorial (even though I knew there was no need, I just wanted to), and have now finshed Easy mode. I'm not gonna spoil the surprise of the last level, but it's brilliantly done.

On the credits there's some songs that I haven't played yet so I'd imagine there's more levels on the harder settings.

Some of the stories are similar to Ouenden's - there's a version of the Angel Boyfriend style level and a level where someone gets ill and you have to fight with the virus (like that one with the violinist).

It's a straight-up westernised version of Ouenden - if that puts you off, don't buy it, but you're missing out on a truly class game.

It makes a change that I can understand exactly what is going on - in Ouenden it makes things quirky, but I'm loving the fact that I understand it now.

The only thing that is a bit whiffy is the tracks (like Ouenden) are covers and the ones that you'll have heard loads of times, you can notice the differences and it can be off putting. That's about it, though.

*thumbs held aloft*

Actually the difficulty seems to be spot on.

I've been blazing through it since I got it on Saturday afternoon, unlocked 2 of the 3 bonus tracks, and am now near the end of Hard mode.

If you've hammered Ouenden like we have, it doesn't start troubling you till the end of Normal and a few tracks into Hard.

It's got exactly the same "just one more go" addictive shit going on that Ouenden has. I've not stuck on one game and abandoned all other plans to play a game like this in ages!

I had the pleasure of playing this on a broseph's copy and yea, it seems pretty cool.

I played Jumpin Jack Flash (i think thats the final track??) and pumped all over it cos im L33t Ouendan, but it was better than i though it was going to be. Also creamed on YMCA pirate level, but i though that was quite shit.

Still, rekon i'll pick up a copy at some point. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it today, its fantastic!

Was so happy to see that you can now skip the introductions of the songs, so you dnt have to sit watching the same clip over and over and over.

The songs are really good, even the crappy oneshavnt botherd me, and the storys are just as good as ouendans.

Thumbs up so far

Finished the level before the final one, and now I'm stuck on part 2 of the last level (Jumping Jack Flash, don't ya know) on Hard.

I've seen now what the cheerleaders look like in the 1up Show, and illdog will be impressed.

As soon as I crack this level I'll film a replay and upload it.

Right i've had a good bash on this and i'd like to thank Hendo for sending me this and keeping me up till 3am thismorning trying to finish jumping jack flash on normal before i admitted defeat.

In all honesty the game is good hell its better than good and although i dont like most of the songs its still very playable i concede and take back all i said about it if you like Ouendan this is a must buy.

I have to be calm though as im playing it on my last working DS and the last song makes me violent.

• 3 months later...
Guest rosco

im glad to hear that everyone else has enjoyed this game, im just really frustrated that i cannot get a A award , i mean what do i have to do, im on the 3 star Cheiftain difficulty lvl and i have just got a" perfect" maxcombo of 290 on the y.m.c.a. lvl, but yet i only got a B award

:S