passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Transformers - Devastation

illdog

Yea, it does look fantastic huh?

I worry about how long it will stay fun though. Ive also played up to the second Devastator fight and it's very samey.

My only other gripe so far was when I was chasing Megatron as a vehicle, I could really have used a fixed camera point instead of having to do the camera as well as steer, dodge and attack. Took a bit of the fun away.

Fuck me there are some stats as well, weapons and equipment and synthesis and investing in tech, it always takes a while for this shit to sink in to my stupid brain.

But so far it's pretty god damn fun. Onwards!

I just finished this for the first time, only on Scout (Easy) but I have to say I fucking loved it.

I have no idea how a non fanboi woud feel about this game but the combat is fun relying on Bayonetta like last minute dodges that activate slow mo (witch time) for you to proper pummel. You can finish combo's off with the vehicle attack then link that straight in to another combo. If you master the fighting system you could probably do the whole game without getting hit.

Stupid phone, posted before I finished.

I'm going on a second play through with Grimlock on Warrior (medium). You get to keep all the weapons you picked up along the way therefore instantly boosting your new characters strengh which is great.

Got my head round synthesizing too, its pretty simple really, just combining shit together to add to the strength of your chosen weapon. Weapons have slots as well that can add effects to the weapon like adding to the attack or upping your dash attack strength, those old chestnuts.

Fucking Grimlock. He's like a character you get at the end of a game so you can go back through the levels like a God. He's a different kettle of fish from the other four.

Just wanted to say yea, this games rocks.

I dunno, about 4 to 5 hours? I've been reading stuff about going back through on the harder difficulty levels, how it ups the cap on your stats each time so you get stronger and stronger. A guy was saying he's beating the bosses on Commander in 5-10 seconds now...

I just beat it with Grimlock on Warrior difficulty. It was a definite step up but still extremely doable. Though I can see Megatron being an extreme pain in the ass on Commander difficulty as he was a bit of a cheap cock on Warrior.

Next up, Prime on Commander.

I finished this on Commander with Prime today. I found it tough, the battle with Devastator and Menasor was a ball ache for sure but persistence as always is key.

Did a little grinding on the Challenges for weapons and managed to get some great Hammer drops, synthesized them together and made an A grade Freeze Hammer that is almost twice as strong as my previous weapon. Also lucked out with the drops and got an S rank Grimlock Sword, gonna save that little bad boy for a harder run.

Now that Magnus difficulty is unlocked I'm gonna grind the Challenges for some S rank gear and go for some of those boss achievements. Loving this game right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Still plugging away on this, I've gotten all of the beat the level bosses without damage achievements and I'm now hunting down the collectibles...

After that it's just SS ranking the levels which to be honest is the one I'm looking forward to least.

Thats impressive mate, did you spend some time grinding good weapon drops in the Challenges on Magnus difficulty?

Ive been nipping back here and there, still love this game.

Fuck SS on all levels on Commando, just absolutely fuck that.

I played a bit of this yesterday to cheer myself up.

I like this game, it's good. It is a bit better than Korra but then it has had more money thrown at it so it can be the spectacle brawler you'd expect though it's still quite far away from Revengance and Boyonetta. But like I said, it's still a lot of fun. It's hard not not have fun with this combat system.

But I think I could do without the loot system. There is a lot to sort through and I just don't feel like it makes a lot of difference. I've barely been bothering with it and I've not had anymore trouble with the game as I do any other of this type.

I don't really have any attachment to these characters so I've been using Sideswipe since he has a dash, a missile launcher on his shoulder and turns into a cool, red car.

I think I am near the end. I just had a fight with Starscream in that space where anime people go when they move fast.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...