passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Ball FighterZ

HandsomeDead

Don’t worry. I’ve now reached the next level where people know what they’re doing. Ow. 

Edit: Also the connection on this version is still terrible. Nearly everyone I match with has red internet bar, and that’s if it connects at all. It breaks all the time. 

How mad do you think he was lol

I’m just level 3-ing to waste spark and fuck around, he tries do it to me and gets DP’d out of it. I didn’t even know that would work. All fluke. But I’ll take it.

Also wow what a good thumbnail I didn’t do that 

I know this will jinx it, but my current W/L tally is like 45 games played 38 games won

Which I think means Xbox players are to DBFZ what Nintendo players are to first person shooters

I still need to learn what to do with Gohan. I literally don’t know what else to do with him but mash L. I can’t even really do my combo online. Not sure if the 5-8 frame delay is fucking with me or I’m just shit.

Lucky Gohan’s got good L’s atta boy, Gohan!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn look

FERmQIqX0AEGa-Q?format=jpg&name=large

My win rate on Xbox is 83% 😆

Not trying to make fun of people, because I suck as well, but the amount of people I fought on Xbox who I would call “good” is extremely few. Maybe less than 5 opponents.

Probably because Xbox has always been the worst version of the game to play (Outside of Switch?) so I suppose no one who takes it “seriously” plays here, and then Gamepass opened up the floodgates to complete beginners. Meaning that’s basically all there is.

Even my losses were mostly to idiots. Players who would just not stop hitting L no matter how many times you took advantage of them and knocked them down. They just get back up going L!L!L!

It was actually kind of hard to deal with at the start and a lot of those losses was me trying to figure out how do you actually beat someone who won’t stop punching? Especially in a game with auto combos

Then I remembered UI Goku has the anti L button technique - Secret Sensation!

Spoiler

?imw=512&imh=288&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

I’m sure people are tired of me posting that move but it’s the coolest move I’ve ever fucking seen in a fighting game end of. I wish it was a bit more usable in real matches. But against idiots online that will not stop attacking - you can just do this at round start lol.

In fact UI Goku has lots of anti-beginner tech which even though is not nice and caused a lot of rage quits. I can’t deny it. It’s fun.

The further I got up the ranked ladder. I’m not sure how to describe it. People got better (kind of), but I found I was still picking their game apart quite easy, often after only losing one or maybe two characters. This I think comes from Guilty Gear. I may have improved at DBFZ a little in terms of skill, but in terms of reading the other player and what to do about them, I think that comes from GG

Again the people I’ve been fighting are idiots so that’s why I can see through them a bit and take advantage of their inexperience and bad habits - not claiming to be no mind game master or anything. But I was getting it really well.

This guy never stops punching so if I jump up and super dash it’s free. This guy is way too nervous or defensive so dragon rush’s (grabs) are free. This guy starts every round by using all of his assists so if I just block everything at round start he doesn’t know what to do. This guy will always super dash or switch characters after this attack so 2H is free, etc

It’s limited and basic, and again these people are not good at the game, but it is understanding fighting games more. Which I’m actually proud of. Even if I’m still garbage at DBFZ, at least my overall fighting game skills are getting better. It wasn’t so long ago I wouldn’t of been able to handle button mashers at all. They would of just beat me (And sometimes they did lol)

Also, this is hypocritical. But my last character I always use is Gogeta Blue who might just be the best L masher in the game so when it got desperate I just did it back *shame*

Anyway. I hit the 530,000bp achievement so that’s it for ranked, really. I think when I go back to this I’ll do it on Playstation because at least it will be ‘fairer’. I’ll get my ass kicked but it will force me too actually learn the game instead of playing around people’s bad habits. 

But still, Xbox DBFZ has been a lot of fun. And I’m proud that I’m improving at these types of games a little bit 

• 3 weeks later...

What is this mad man shit 🤣

e2af0e90dc314434b628d35df464b694.gif

First what is happening, second how do you stop it happening and third if you could make that happen why would you not do it every single time? How are you ever going to lose 

• 2 weeks later...

2H don’t beat 6M but why? 🤔

Also learning that if you S vanish you’re still safe is it’s own special kind of bullshit

I really wasn’t sure how to beat you in the end. I can run my combos in to your block and get punished for it but if there’s even a slight pause in my block to do something you start mashing and I get punished for that too. I don’t know what to do about that. Do different combos I guess.

No, more like the other way around. I can not get the 2H timing down in this game. I feel like it should be largely automatic. If you’re that good to react to a SD and do the correct input you should just win.

And I gave up trying to do anything with Teen Gohan. His arms are too short to reach anything. Teen Gohan is one of my fav characters from the show but I’ve been playing him for nearly 2 years and I just can’t work it out. I can not work out what to do with him. He has no moves to work with.

Also yeah. Ugh. 19 frame delay, inputs being eaten, game just breaking down at points. So bad. 

• 3 weeks later...

😬 One more time?

image.png

What are the upsides?

• I can mod the game and get the cool UI Goku with black hair and shirt.
  • Maybe a more stable connection when playing. 

What are the downsides?

• I already own all this stuff.
  • The PC audience nearly 4 years in? They're going to be so mean

Hmm. 

• 4 weeks later...

DAMN I PLAYED A LITTLE BETTER 

Started experimenting with things I’ve seen but never been able to do. Got my first side switch, my first 6M in to an assist, started using assists more. Not really sure the best way to use them other than try to make bad situations safe but it worked a little.

Dragon Ball is cool, dude.

And that one game @HandsomeDead I’m so sorry that was some bullshit I can’t even remember what happened lol 

Yeah, I dropped a crucial combo.  It happened a lot.

I've not got any better since we started playing, in fact probably less tight so I'd have to properly get on the bike from now on.  Because I have no idea what to do in neutral and I have barely a clue where the gaps are and can't even remember everything about my own characters frames.  Just forever throwing out unsafe shit.

I hate the way Cooler steps forward on his 2H.  Just fucked me up too many times.

I have no idea what to do in neutral, either. But I got pay to win characters like UI Goku who can flip all across the screen then do 1 of 4 very different things and Gogeta who darts across the floor like a high speed hover craft. 

I think neutral is where Ki blasts and beams come in to it. Not that I use mine because I forget about them all the time. 

The one thing I’m really proud of is at round start I jumped at your Gohan and 2H’d with UI Goku in the air and it connected. I was like holy shit what a read. 

Glad UI Goku actually did stuff today too. Usually him and Gohan go down likes sacks of shit and Gogeta does all the heavy lifting. But starting to switch characters more is definitely the way to go. I’m just not used to doing it. 

I took some videos but some of it was blocked because we got the (awesome) anime music and that shit is copyrighted, I guess. How specific that you can’t even record the specific matches with key music in. 

EDIT: Also I’m a cheap cunt who runs up and Dragon Rushes all the time lol. But what am I supposed to do when I got no mix? 🙁

Please don’t start I wouldn’t know what to do

Still really scrappy, but getting better

I’m getting a better understanding of some of the mechanics but your combos are still better than mine. Particularly with Teen Gohan. Not only do you have 3 combos you convert in to them really sharply. While at the 00:15 second mark I hit you twice and couldn’t confirm it lol

All I really have down is UI Goku’s up then down in to assist combo which is so fucking easy for how much damage it does  

I yelled 'fuck!' when you flipped out of that T. Gohan combo.  I didn't do the transmission quick enough or something.  Should have killed with it.

It wasn't that game but there was a similar situation where you countered me with Cooler and I was really trying to counter back with my level 3 but alas, it didn't come out.  Would have ruled if it did.

What did you yell when you Super Dashed in to Gohan’s level 3 that’s what I want to know haha. I dunno what came over me to do that I just kind of did it.

I noticed playing you that you’re really quick to retaliate with stuff you’ve just seen (Minus Dragon Rush) I vanish then you vanish. I counter then you counter. I random level 3 then you start random level 3-ing. Even though it took a bit longer you started using your assists for more than just combos like I was. 

What was dumb was I thought about that and then still kept getting surprised by you doing shit I just tried to do to you. 

But it’s smart adaptation I guess if you’re getting hit by something then start doing it back. I struggle with that. I’ve got the things I know how to do and I just zone in on it. That’s why there was one match when I got 2H’s out of super dash literally 3 times in a row because I can’t adapt to what’s happening until I’m finished trying to do my idea

14 minutes ago, Maf said:

What did you yell when you Super Dashed in to Gohan’s level 3 that’s what I want to know haha. I dunno what came over me to do that I just kind of did it.

Nothing, just 😶 

Since I've not played in a while, I forget stuff so, usually, when you do something I remember it and try to apply it.  I don't really have a game plan anymore so I guess I am more reactive than I usually would be.