passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deathtrap

DANGERMAN

Anyone who follows me on twitter wont have missed that I've been playing Deathtrap (probably badly). It's Diablo meets tower defence, not entirely unlike Iron Brigade, or as Hendo said, Orcs Must Die.

You have a certain amount of currency to spend before a round starts on traps, littering the enemies route to the hub you're protecting, then you run around lending a hand. Your moveset is where the Diablo comparisons come in, moves are on hotkeys and have a cool down, you have the equivalent of a magic meter that limits your use of some skills.

Once a Wave is finished you get to lay traps for the next enemy route that's revealed itself, although you can spend the points you're earning mid-fight, it's maybe not the best idea until all the routes are open as you don't want to leave yourself short

Once a level finishes you get to spend experience points, trap points (which are used to level up your traps), and equip/buy gear. I've been focussing my improvements on reducing the cost of trap building and earning more essence so that I can drop and improve more traps per battle, depending on how long the game is that might not be that useful, although there's multiple scenarios for each level

I really like it so far, it is kind of the same thing over and over with just the level layout changing, but it's good fun

Sly - I don't know, I'm quite near the end I think, and while there's not a lot of story I'm not sure it'd be the best thing to stream. There's a few videos still up on my twitch channel though

I did a level last night that was really hard, you have to use the teleporters to get around otherwise you're screwed. It made me realise the game has been fairly easy so far