passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Five Nights at Freddy's

radiofloyd

I had to create a thread for this. It's a bit of a sleeper hit that was released in August, if you look on youtube you'll see let's plays with millions of views.

ss_e2f3c17a4ef8d1ecde2eb5dbb93da89d0600f

ss_af78bde3a444a6fd65934c52f6eceaa303071

It's a game built around a simple but effective horror concept and I think the developers really understand what it is about certain horror films that captures people's imaginations/makes the hair on the back of their neck stand up. You play a nightwatchman at some kind of restaurant chain who's job is to observe the movement of four robotic animals who wander around at night - if you let them reach the control room where you are, it's game over. There are no fancy 3D graphics in the game, it's mostly just still photos. You observe the animals by clicking on the cameras in different rooms, but to add a twist, there are blind spots right outside your doors, so you also have to flash the door lights regularly to avoid being caught by surprise. If there is someone right outside the control room, you can lock the door. But using the cameras, door locks and light switches all increases your power usage - and if the power goes out, everything fails, and it's almost certain death. You have to survive from midnight to 6am.

There is a bit of a story and background to the game which is developed as each night passes (your predecessor calls you at the beginning of each night).

Needless to say, it's nerve-wracking. I think it's a game worth experiencing (especially for €2 in the Halloween sale).