passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fantasy Life

DANGERMAN

The premise of this sounds great. You play all the parts of an rpg village. That's not quite what happens, you play one character and can switch jobs to learn their skillset, so eventually you'll be a miner who can fish and use a bow.

You're also not stuck to just mining, if you go out in to the plains you'll have monsters to fight and a dagger to help you do so. I think the point is that if you pair a normal job with a soldier type job you can travel further without getting killed.

The game gets unintentionally depressing. Your life is your job, and if you want to be happy you have to earn dosh and be a good helpful member of society, trying to please the king.

The problem I'm having so far is that the game stops you too often, either to tell you something system or plot based, or just because it's the end of the day

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like this might be fun actually. I thought it was another Animal Crossing type game (I find those so immensely boring) but the reviews all make it sound far more RPG like.

I think I'm going to have to give it a go one day just to see what it's really about! Few other games to work through first...

Keep sharing your thoughts :)