passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trials Fusion

spatular

Not sure what to say about this, it's trials so it's awesome, it looks nice on next gen. don't really like the tricks so far but you don't have to do trick events much so it's no big thing (and maybe they'll grow on me), and the skill events are incorporated into the career which is cool as it forces me to play them, and some are pretty good, whereas previously i never really played them. looks like the community track editor is back so that's cool, but currently afaik multiplayer is local only and they're patching in online later hopefully.

i just rushed through the single player, loads of medals still to get, and each track has 3 optional challenges, which i haven't really looked at yet but it seems like a cool idea. the credits show after the last hard track, then there's some extreme tracks as you'd expect - i did the first but then got really frustrated and failed miserably on the next 2 - *1* i should really go back for some more medals to get back into it before trying these again.

there's also some quad bike levels which are alright - it just handles slightly differently.

i was slightly worried about using a ps4 controller with trials just because being in control is so important in trials and i'm used to playing it with the 360 pad, and as it's really frustrating at times anyway you really need to feel like it's your fault rather than the equipment - at this point i'm partially blaming the equipment - but hopefully it's just a case of getting used to it and i'll be doing *1* before any more final judgement. i was worried about the triggers but they've been alright, it's the left stick position that's causing me problems, to do a quick hop before some jumps with a quick flick back and forth on the stick, i'm just not able to do it very accurately or often enough when i need to at the moment - it's only really needed on some of the hard/expert tracks. i don't know if this sounds petty but i hate going backwards at something, even if it's better in the long run - see me refusing to use kb+m for most pc games. and who knows if i'd find the x1 version any better because of the looser sticks. i should have probably got the 360 version.

edit - i should state again that i really like the ps4 pad, i'm just not used to playing trials with it so currently finding it annoying, if the first 2 games were only on ps3 it'd probably be a different story, don't want to start any pad wars or anything.

still, trials is awesome.

anyone else get it?

not really loads more content no, without actually checking anything i'd say the content seems about the same as the last game, tricks and challenges are new but it's missing online multiplayer at the moment. I'd assumed the price hike was a next gen thing.

the addiction has set in, played this nearly all day today. need to stop.

there's some really cool hidden bonus stuff

one level - reversing back from the start you meet a penguin, then continue on to do the level normally and there's loads of penguins to avoid all over the level and you complete a challenge by not hitting them - although i think i hit one and still completed the challenge. another level had a button that if you press it transports you to a much harder version of the level - again that's another challenge.

• 9 months later...