passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grid 2

spatular

• 1 month later...

I finished the single player mode yesterday. I only had a 4 or 5 rounds left from where I left it last time, so it didn't take very long.

The career mode makes no sense, but I enjoyed it mostly (although this goes for all racing games: fuck drift events). I liked some of the non race events like faceoff and checkpoint, they broke up the action nicely. Endurance is basically just a race with a timer instead of a lap counter, a bit pointless really.

I liked that the multi race events meant that you didn't have to win every single race to win an event, but they did that shitty thing that nearly all racing games are guilty of too often : starting you at the rear of the grid, and the guys you're competing with for the championship at the front, leaving you to force your way to the front as fast as possible. That's a failing of the genre though, not just this game.

I haven't played any online multiplayer, because racing games online tend to be full of dicks (like DC :P).

• 2 years later...

This is free with Games With Gold at the moment, backwards compatible with the Xbox One to boot.

I've put a few hours in to it, it's good fun so far (midway through season 2). I've been playing it mostly online though as I knew it would be fairly populated with the game being currently free. Online has mostly been covered by DC in previous posts, I will add my major gripe, which is how you react to being hit. The beginning of the race is an absolute mess if ou dont manage to get away from the pack clean. It feels like you only have to be lightly tapped to spin almost 360, this spin normally hits you in to someone else and then suddenly your 8th or 9th and spend the rest of the race playing catch up. I can nomally claw back up to the top 5 but it's fucking annoying.

Otherwise thumbs up so far, it's more arcadey that I thought it would be and that's how I like my racers.

• 3 weeks later...

Season 5, whilst extremely long, is so much better than the rest of the game. Super fast cars make the game soooo much more fun.

Anyways, i finished this now. I think the campaign alone took 30 hours and I rekon I spent another 10 racing online. Although with the  single player I went all OCD and played each event untill I was first in everything. Ended the game with 35 million fans and a boner for maxing the gamerscore. I do love a good racing game.