passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Unfinished Swan

spatular

This was on sale for about a fiver last week, it might still be?

Anyway you start off and everything's white, you can't see anything, you splat paint all over the place so you can see stuff and find your way around, it's a nice effect, I expected the rest of the game to be the same and think i would have been ok with that, but it's constantly changing, and it's only short, about 4 hours I'd guess, so nothing has time to get old. At times it looks amazing, it has a sort of clean mirrors edge look to it. It's also more gamey than something like journey, although exploration is part of it, there's also puzzles and stuff. I really enjoyed it, it's something a bit different and really well done IMO.

The paint balls are odd, the animation makes it look like they're going really far but they barely go anywhere. And it made me feel a little sick occasionally, but not too bad. They're the only slightly bad things I can think to say about it.

• 2 years later...

I could've sworn there were more posts about this?

Anyway, I've gone back to this, started from scratch and got past the point where I got stuck. I have no idea how I got stuck the last time, perhaps when the vines came in?

I'm up to where they add a potentially more interesting mechanic....

drawing boxes to make platforms

....and it's certainly gone in different directions from what you expect.

Yeah, I thought I posted about this.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I bought it on the ps3 and was definitely going to use the Move, instead I played it on the ps4 with a controller. It's good, they change the game up quite a bit, some of the ideas are underdeveloped, but none of it out stays it's welcome