passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Spelunky

Hendo

Few of you on my friends list bought Spelunky, but only Radio is on the Daily Challenge leaderboards - Y'all so disappoint me. :P

Anyways, when you look up in Spelunky all the characters have bullfrong throats .... It freaks me out.

I didn't get around to playing it yesterday and completely forgot about the daily challenge! I'll be there today trying to take you down though.

Well, I didn't. I picked up the golden skull and got killed by a boulder.

I'd hate to be this guy:

Spelunky_(PC)_32.jpg

Set a rope then steal the golden skull. Climb up the rope before the boulder comes crashing down. Also if that boulder hits the shopkeeper, he and his friends will hunt you down on every level with a shotty.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/684839923335036970/9BC0D3FD0A6B8B35E12E633D7262195082C6E96B/

I saw this and said "You've got to be fucking kidding me?"

Does anyone know when the challenge flips over? I seem to be hitting one, missing one, hitting one, missing one etc.

When I saw that I was like "well I die here"

The DC seem to flip over around 4:00pm PST I guessing that is like 12am/1am yorkie time

The crazy thing is I get through shit like that unscathed. All my deaths have come from my own stupidity on the daily challenge. Normally I misplaced my footing from a long drop or set off a chain of things I can't keep on top of and end up on some spikes. It's rare I actually die from actual hits, it's nearly almost certainly the spikes or the spike traps that end my run.

I'd have come top if I hadn't have bought kisses from the shop. I didn't actually need them. I fell into the spikes just before the exit on the level I wiped on.

It's a cruel mistress this game.

That was brilliant, well done. I didn't know you could increase your hearts above 4. I thought the girl would only heal hearts you lost.

It's a bit confusing that the game allows you to start from the jungle area (using the tunneler's shortcut I mean). When you're playing the main game do you use the shortcut or start from the mines? Or do you bother playing the main game? I might just stick to the daily challenges.

It's a bit pointless using the shortcut unless you want to grind out playing that specific area to learn how to deal with it.

I play both the main game and the daily challenges. I'm doing the DC videos because we can sort of compare, learn and laugh at how bad I fuck up. If you think that death was daft you should see todays. I'll post it up when the challenge swaps over. I might put it i Hinns Let's Play thread.

I made it to the Temple a few times now. I posted some pics up on my Steam profile. Everything in the fucken Temple wants to kill you. i dropped from a ledge and this block slammed me into some spike ... wtf. Another time I was killed in the temple by a gaint mummy that vomited a bunch of flys.

Also, unlocked the Pirate Girl, Fatty Girl Scout, Fatty Boy Scout, Viking and Furry.