passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fable Heroes

Hendo

Looks pretty good in motion. Also the characters are taken from the dolls from the normal Fable games.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u549milmwy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, one of the developers has been talking about it:

This is what I've been working on for the last couple of months as a contractor back at LH and was working on before I left LH.

Heroes is great fun, especially in co-op - this has been developed by a small team (never more than 20 at once, although more than more than 20 have worked on it) inside Lionhead with minimal interference from Peter or Microsoft. As noted above, this came from a small group pitching a game for our creative day not from above. It's a (up to) four player hack & slash, think gauntlet + fable - lots of powerup and abilities to unlock as well as extra characters to play with (all playing in a slightly different way). The main drive has been to make a fun game, there's some great Fable fan service in there.

As I alluded to in another thread, this is the reason I'm still making games. I was so burn out after Fable 3 I was ready to completely leave the games industry but the joy of developing heroes and the fun of the game rekindled my love of making games.

Apparently it went up on XBLA too early and then quickly got pulled so can't be far off, though I would've expected this to be Summer of Arcade.

• 1 month later...

Out this week, hasn't had the greatest reviews, looks like one to try yourself and most likely best with friends rather than on your own.

The Giant Bomb quick look is worth watching for how much disdain Gerstmann has for it.

it does seem odd that this is what Fable has become. I know it's not a mainline Fable game, and neither is the kinect game, but it never struck me as a franchise that could be milked like this. Naive of me I guess because there was pub games and that iphone one, I just wasnt expecting family fun stuff