passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kirby's Epic Yarn

spatular

rented this (i can't find a thread?) and played the first 4 worlds and so far it's lovely. maybe a bit easy as i'm rubbish at platformers and still finding it quite easy, although the difficulty has ramped up a bit from the start. and there are collectables to find and higher ratings to aim for.

it's pretty varied with kirby transforming into robot tank/fire truck/snowboarder and loads of other stuff for sections mid-level.

everything looks great with some nice tunes too.

so anyone else played it?

I still really want to play it at some point.

As for the difficulty I've heard it's one of those games that is only as hard as you make it. Something about getting the top ratings or grades for the levels can actually be pretty difficult but just making it through the levels is easy, because you can't die or something.

Fill us in, anyway.

As for the difficulty I've heard it's one of those games that is only as hard as you make it. Something about getting the top ratings or grades for the levels can actually be pretty difficult but just making it through the levels is easy, because you can't die or something.

yeah that sounds like how it seems to work, you collect jems for your score/rank and if you "die" it just puts you back to the last bit of land and takes some jems off your score, and when you get hit you loose jems, and can pick some of them back up, bit like sonic and his rings but without the dying. great system imo.

not done too much more, just one world but it's definitely getting harder, my score was rubbish. you turn into a dolphin and can balance balls with points/collectables in them on your head and flick them into a hoop, this was pretty hard/frustrating (i may have missed the instructions), it was optional but i wasn't leaving till i'd got them :fist:

• 1 year later...

I've been playing this, I've got a couple of worlds left. It's, well, it's strange, it's like a few of Nintendo's smaller games in that it's well done but maybe a little boring. It might be because it's too easy, it might be because they've stuck some bullshit in there to pad it out (that I've so far ignored), but I was expecting better.

It's inventive, Kirby is ideal for this because he can change form, and because he can change in to different vehicles it means at certain points you get a completely different game. It looks good on the WiiU too, I was wondering how well Wii games would up-res, this works really well, you can see the threads and fluff detail still but there's very few jaggies

I'll finish it today, it's a decent game, but I'm not really feeling it so far