passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Soul Calibur V

hinn888

article-1305115522211-0C00178600000578-747176_636x237.jpg

he developer Project Soul is looking at bringing at least 26 characters for Soul Calibur V's roster, which would see a mix of new fighters and old favourites returning, possibly with new armours and weapons.

As previously confirmed, the main character in Soul Calibur V is now Patroklos, son of Sophitia who wields a short sword and Arcadia shield like his mother. He's 177cm tall, has blood type B, was born on Septmeber 13th and is 19-years old, if you're bothered about knowing such things. Perhaps you'd like to buy him a gift when his birthday comes around?

Soul Calibur V is set 17 years after the fourth game, which we also already know, but what you may not know is that now makes Siegfried 40-years old and using the Requiem broadsword he wielded in Calibur I and II. There will also be new special weapons according to reports, which have yet to be detailed. We'd expect more joke weapons for customisation, like the surfboard, whisks, golf club and so on, but this has yet to be confirmed too. Oh, and the online mode is set to be overhauled with fresh features.

Finally, there's 'new blood' in the game's development team, so it could be that Soul Calibur V feels quite a bit different to previous instalments, although no-one's saying whether there will be any changes to the key gameplay mechanics. Still, SC V is being described as a "generational shift" for the series, with the fighting style apparently being ""lighter, sharper, and more elegant".

Always loved the Soul Calibur series, they said IV would be the last one. Can't Wait!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Impressions of this on podcasts all seem very positive.

After SC4 was ultimately a letdown poisoned by Star Wars, I was wary of a new one. But I'm tempted into getting this now.

It's still Namco so it's not all roses: no doubt the DLC is all on the disc, but at least it's not StreetFighter 4 levels of fleecing.

I'm not convinced any 1 on 1 fighting game is worth £40, so maybe in a month or so.