Comet Mutator turned on for KOTH

On the 8th Day of Gearsmas

4x XP

On the 9th Day of Gearsmas

Berzerkers on every wave and Laugh Track

On the 10th Day of Gearsmas

Squads of Lambent Wretches, Polyps, and Formers on every wave

On the 11th Day of Gearsmas

Snowman's heads a popping - (it's a secret)

On the 12th Day of Gearsmas

Mortars incoming- Single Shot Mortars spread throught the maps

Which run alongside these events.

Day 1-

Brothers to the End on all maps playlist

Day 2-

Torque Bow Tag

Day 3-

Can You Dig it?

Day 4-6-

Hardcore Weekend – No rifles, gnasher/pistol only, map pickups limited to boomshot, digger, torque bow, sniper rifle. There will be NO infinite ammo mutator this time

Day 7 and 8-

Boom Snipes

Day 9 and 10-

This Is My Rifle

Day 11-

Thanksgibbing

Day 12-

One Shot One Kill

Three ribbons will be spaced out on the 12 days and there may be some more surprises. The events will start tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM Eastern.

Looks like a few people might grab their achievement for playing in events if they have not already.

Started it earlier, I have no idea who the main guy is.

What's weird is that I had a nap while I waited for it to download and then started it up to find a save part-way through the game on it already. :unsure:

Started a fresh one and got maybe 20 minutes in. Can't say much about it but it looks superb.

I've finished it. It was pretty good. There was too many slack moments in it, and some of the bugs I saw were a little grating.There was more than one occasion where a wretch/drone/ticker had managed to fucking lodge itself in an awkward place that meant it was hard to find and force checkpoints. Barrick has some awesome lines in it too. I'll leave it at that, some people are still going to play their first time tomorrow.

I haven't played all of it yet but so far I'm not all that impressed. There isn't much to it and so far the story has been a load of macho nonsense one liners from Barrick that the second and third games tried really hard to distance themselves from. I'll spoiler this next section in case people went into the DLC as blind as I did...

RAAM's sections are pure filler, is there really a reason why they couldn't have put some more variety in there? They were pretty entertaining at first but when they said you could play as RAAM I thought it would be an additional mode on top of the campaign. Various scenarios where he goes into a different COG strongholds and kicks bum. What we do have just feels like a lazy way of making the campaign longer.

Other than that though I have enjoyed what I have played of the campaign, good to see Tai and Kim again even if Barrick comes out with some of the most cringe worthy shit I have heard in Gears. Unless things change very quickly in the last chapter though it is going to end up being even easier than the main game was. Been a breeze on Hardcore so far and the only time I have died is when I have been hit with insta death while day dreaming.

The DLC gets a lot harder when you have a full lobby playing. I played last night alone hardcore and failed a few times due to the NPC's getting themselves killed. Today we played on Hardcore with a full lobby and on a few occasion got completely schooled by the AI. I thought it was on insane when I first entered the lobby, it was really difficult compared to flying solo. I'd hate to think how fucking hard that would be in 4 player co-op on insane.

I think it's a good piece of DLC, although the Raam sections can be boring, especially playing as the twatties.

I've set up a beacon for anyone wanting to whore that RAAM vs Minh shit out. It's a silly achievement that effects how you'd play online instead of just playing, which annoys the fuck out of me. We need at least 6 people to go for the achievement, but more than that would make it go even more smoothly.

Anyway, enough of that, check a load of this. It made me lol pretty hard.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/868390-Best-COG-of-the-World

I'll copy it over here because I think it'll get taken down.

Hi everyone this is RDL07, best COG of Xbox Live. This will be my first post here on the epic forum, reason being, I have browsed the forums plenty in the past, and noticed that there are a lot of scrubs who's time would be better spent actually playing the game, rather than preaching their novice opinions on weapon and map balance to posters who submit logical and objective posts.

My intentions in this post are to make people aware that I am looking to put together a competitive Gears of War 3 team, skilled veterans of the Gears series will be able to apply by leaving their Gamertag in a reply to this thread. I would expect that players of the skill level I am looking for would maintain at least a 2.5 K/D ratio to prove their in-game consistency (I do recognise that there are cases of outstanding players with lower K/Ds, and I am more than willing to consider players like this also), and good in-game communication. I should point out however that I am not talking about the K/D ratio that is displayed in your overall statistics, but rather the ratio that you feel you maintain when you play the game at this point in time. I do not care about your placement in the various leaderboards, or your win/loss ratio, as I fully understand that it is not always possible to carry the scrubs in matchmaking to victory, and not everyone has a competant team or teammates to play alongside. Once the team has four players we will need around a week to get our chemistry tuned, and after that we will run into very little resistance in the MLG competitive ladder, shutting down most teams there will require very little effort, its really a joke. If you cannot dominate, if you cannot own, don't bother applying, just forget about it.

To give people some idea of what kind of player I am, I have had a lot of experience with players online demonstrating very distinctive jealousy when I beat them and they must face the truth that im better, they know ive got skill, they know it. People often start to whine whilst I assert my dominance upon them, often telling me to "Get a life" or whatever, whilst I kill them ingame. I never understood the idea of telling someone to "get a life" when they kill you in Gears, I mean seriously, they should get a life INGAME. For example, I recently met "Happy2BeWacky" in matchmaking, a sawed-off shotgun user I mean how much more EASY MODE can you go? 1.2 K/D ratio, I mean, if I where to play using Snub Pistol only I would maintain a much higher K/D than that. This guy bombarded me with messages all day after I beat him questioning my playstyle, why can't people like that just face the fact that im better, its not a difficult concept to grasp. Some players need to look in the mirror and be honest with themselves instead of making up excuses, and just face it, im the better player.

If you arent yet entirely sold on my Gears skills, just go ahead and check my stats. Many people have tried to trash talk me online in the past using other Gamertags, they don't even have it in them to talk to me on their regular Gamertag since they know I can just look at their stats and see that they're just a mediorce player. Why should I care if some random scrub of 1 K/D tries to tell me how to play the game? Telling me I have no life or whatever I mean, I dont give a **** what they say, they're bad, they dont mean anything to me. I hear a lot of people tell me it's all about fun, all about having fun, so I pose this question: If I kill you, and I own you ingame, who is having fun? You or me?

If im really honest though, I would also cry if I were on the receiving end of one of my online beatdowns in matchmaking. If I was one of the other players, I would stop searching for a match or try another playlist so I could go up against players who arent on such a higher level. Its also quite annoying when scrubs don't leave after I beat them, I dont want easy games all day every day I want challenge (which is very hard to come by recently), those scrubs should have respect for the superior players and allow me a chance to come across that challenge I so desire when I play Gears.

Some players online even go so far as to accuse me of being twelve years old I mean come on, I have a beard and how can a twelve year old even play at the level I do, its not possible, you need to be at least an adult to have the skill that I have. My reflexes are crazy, when I have the longshot and a player pops up from behind cover, the other players don't even notice them because I headshot them so fast. Ive never seen another player lock onto targets like I do they just dosnt seem to exist. In the rare occasion that a player does get the jump on me I just go schwff round the corner, and give myself the split second I need to turn the fight in my favour and gib the opponent, theres nothing hard about it, I mean ive done it thousands of times.

If I were to give a quick tip to any players looking to get a little better at the game, it would be to always try to stay on your opponents left hand side during confrontations if your surroundings allow you to do so safely. Doing this makes you more a threat to your opponent since their main field of view is on the right of their screen, and on the left you will become naturally harder to deal with. Thats a pro tip that I give for free, I figure I owe that to the community.

Sometimes I get the feeling when I play that a lot of people dont search for games when they know im playing, since I end up playing against bots a lot of the time. People seem to see me in their games and just leave to play in another match, I guess they figure they're going to lose anyway so they may aswel just take the loss there and then, I think its a real pity. Its generally me that wins every game for my team, well, me and my bro MoG Crosby, whilst the two of us are on the same team, we cant be stopped, wont be stopped, no matter how bad our teammates are. Just our presence, our charismatic presence in voice chat makes us win, sometimes people on our see and hear us ingame and start to play ten times better just like that.

Anyways, leave your gamertag as a reply to the thread and I will start picking out potential players for the team. Remember, you're a pro or you're a noob, its so easy. Thats life.

Current team roster:

RDL07, MoG Crosby

(looking for two more players)

To build upon what my Bro RLD07 just wrote, wheres the challenge, it seems to have gone. Nobody wants to fight us. Who do we fight? Bots all day? All we are asking for is to come across people who have thumbs and some brain function, all we see are S/O rushers with shark mentalities who we shut down easily might I add. Its pathetic, how no life can you go?

Such a shame.

As soon as we join a game the other team might as well just leave, I know I would, It's embarassing for them, their stats are demolished by us and are their for the world to see. I mean tehir families can see them stats man, it must be upsetting to have a child with a 1 K/D.

Another Protip for all you dribblers, when playing TDM, when you hear "Enemy Reinforcements" that means the spawns have swapped, easy mode no excuse to get caught by someone who has spawned behind you. You just need to get good.

After each game we like to do a little celebration in game chat, we sing along to the hit single Sexy and I know it by LMFAO. I believe it fully conveys our dominance in the game and it really touches the nerves of our opponents, well I'd say opponents but that implies they have a chance against us. So I shall call livestock just waiting to be slaughtered. As said before hit either me or RDL07 if you wanna team up, you must have over 2.5 K/D and good comms, no dribblers or scrubs.

I look forward to dominating you scrubs.

That thread is just full of win.

Who's in for the Minh whoring then? If we play in alpha we need 8 people for a full lobby. Otherwise we need 10 people for the full lobby.

MF Nick is in from another forum, Nag said he would help and obviously I'm in. We at least need 5 people, but the more people join the more swimmingly it'll go.