passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

Doesn't matter which platform you're on. Just play and provide a screenshot if you happen to have the best score at the time.

EDIT: I'd advise you play on something where the tables will cross buy though, I'm not sure they do on Nintendo stuff.

Also, Plants v Zombies is out now. I got it for free because I had it on 360. I've not played it yet so I don't know if they messed it up.

EDIT EDIT: I see you have Walking Dead. Possible next table?

I'm just waiting for the XO to stop fucking about and post a screenshot I took to post to my activity feed to show my final Portal score. Why they couldn't just have it like PS4, I don't know. Fucking garbage is what it is. You shouldn't have to fight the system to do something simple.

Something I learnt from my last Portal session is that when the goo is spraying on the right orbit, if you hit the orbit then pull the plunger you go out of the table into another Ratman area. At least I'm guessing that's what happens, I've managed to get on the platform but not in the gap in the tv screen. I also learn that if you shoot the loop after hitting the skillshot from plunger you get a massive payout for it. I'm fucking useless at hitting the moving portals on plunger though, so barely make it.

I reckon GotG will go into triple figures once Jim gets into it. There's some fairly big scores to be made if you can be accurate and fast.

I just had a bit of a go on PvZ. I never played it much on 360, but surprisingly it feels right at home. Pretty relaxing table to play too which makes a change as the Portal made me sweat buckets trying to keep composed so I could rival Jimbo's score.

I was thinking about a better way to keep the posting of scores under control without it being too restrictive as a table started on a set day and finishing on a set day as we don't all get to play constantly. I don't really want never ending rolling scores as that would get stagnant, especially for those that are stuck in the rut of not being able to improve. Plus having tables from ages go being brought back into the fray is something I want to avoid as it's sort of pissing on the people that aren't capable of doing that.

What I suggest is this.

Everyone that is going to play sets a score. If someone beats someone else it adds a week onto the table challenge. That way it goes on for as long as it needs to and eventually wraps up. By doing this it means that the people that are not on top are pushing the 2nd place and down to extend the duration that scores would be accepted. It lets the better players slug it out at the top and the not so good players to have some control and incentive to push for a better placing to extend the duration of the competition. It also makes it so that players that are trailing are wanting the players above them to do well so they have more time to post better scores. I think this works in a few ways. One it means that lower skilled players can dick over top dog by making him sweat out another 7 days where he can be possibly overtaken. Two it makes posting incremental scores redundant, as players are going to want to go for the jugular to shut other players out from even getting close to top scores. Three is it makes it possible that extra parties might come in and try to dick over first place and make him sweat for a week. More people equals more competition.

This way gives us a decent time on the tables for the money invested and should carry on for a few weeks before being capped off and a winner being crowned. We can run multiple tables at a time, but I suggest we stagger them at weekly intervals to spread cost and workload. If it works out right we should have no more than 4 tables on the go at once, we can always veto starting new tables if people think it's getting a bit much to cope with.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Use something like this to keep track of cut off dates.

EDIT II: Bloody thing won't embed and I can't be arsed to find one that will.

That suggestion sounds like a great idea to me mate. Cant see any fault in it myself.

Yeah ill have a crack at Walking Dead,probably today at some point. Its quite a tough table I reckon,I don't tend to do very well at it at all. And that's saying something. I'll give it a go and see what I can manage...

I'm going on now. I have no idea what I'm doing so who knows if 13.1m will be topped.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

I managed it. I am terrible at this table, if I'm going to be beaten I've a feeling that it'll be here. I only beat Kurosaki because I managed to get in the top table and stay there for the jackpot.