passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

tumblr_moj1kxqJio1qfy47co1_500.gif

I've got a load of tables on Wii U so I might as well start throwing the gauntlet down.

Here's my score for South Park Super Sweet pinball: 48,059,346

southpark_zps5td3zzrl.jpg

I thought I'd played the Butters one before but evidently I hadn't as I've no other high scores saved for it. This is my first crack at it at any rate. A score of 23,490,405 to beat here

butters_zpsmymfbud5.jpg

Earth Defence...I've a score of 16,222,470 on that one. Not great, but again I've only had 1 crack at it.

earthdefence_zpscbwgnn73.jpg

....and I've not downloaded Venom yet. Shots fired, and all that.

DANGERZONE!

EDIT: I hope there's a mission where you choke Cheryl.

EDIT II: Out on the 20th. No prices as of yet, but I'm expecting a tenner at least. The table designers are...

Bob's Burgers was done by the guy responsible for Portal and GotG.

American Dad was responsible for the awful Fantastic 4 table and the rather awesome Ms Splosionman and South Park tables.

Archer was done by Age of Ultron and Deadpool designer.

Family Guy was designed by the same person that did Wild West and Butters.

After learning this information Bob's Burgers might be the cream of the crop, that designer seems to have the best pedigree when you look at the history of his work.

SOURCE

Did you take those pics on your phone Andy?

You can just hit the 'Share' button on your controller and upload the screenshots that way. Probably a bit quicker. You can image share from all current consoles.

It's most definitely on though. I'm going to download and have a bash at Venom in a bit.

Earth Defence (Ends 28/10)

1. Sly 16.6m

2. Troma 16.2m

Venom (Ends 31/10)

1. Sly 115.7m

2. Troma 44.8m

South Park Super Sweet Pinball (Ends 28/10)

1. Sly 50.7m

2. Troma 48m

3. Andy 4.3m

South Park Butters (Ends 28/10)

1. Sly 26.4m

2. Troma 23.4m

3. Andy 2.7m

SW: Masters of the Force (Ends 14/11)

1. Jim 5.7m

Wild West Rampage (Ends 14/11)

1. Jim 4.8m

SW: Han Solo (Ends 14/11)

1. Jim 3.6m

Sorcerer's Lair (Ends 14/11)

1. Jim 19.8m

Sly's Wins (9): Portal I - Guardians of the Galaxy I - Boba Fett I - Clone Wars I - The Walking Dead I - SW: Empire Strikes Back I - Earth Defence I - SP: Super Sweet I - SP: Butters I / Jim's Wins (0): / Andy's Wins (0): / Troma's Wins (0):

1. Wild West Rampage -

2. Castlestorm -

3. Mars -

4. Epic Quest -

5. Paranormal -

6. Excalibur -

7. Sorcerer's Lair -

8. Secrets of the Deep -

9. Biolab -

10. Pasha -

11. Rome -

12. Shaman -

13. Tesla -

14. El Dorado -

15. V12 -

16. Age of Ultron -

17. Venom
  18. Deadpool -

19. Doctor Strange -

20. Civil War -

21. Captain America -

22. Fantastic 4 -

23. The Avengers -

24. Fear Itself -

25. Infinity Gauntlet -

26. World War Hulk -

27. Thor -

28. Moon Knight -

29. Ghost Rider -

30. X-Men -

31. Blade -

32. Iron Man -

33. Spiderman -

34. Wolverine -

35. Ant Man -

36. SW: Rebels -

37. SW: Return of the Jedi -

38. SW: Starfighter Assault -

39. SW: Darth Vader -

40. SW: Han Solo -

41. SW: A New Hope -

42. SW: Droids -

43. SW: Masters of the Force -

44. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -

45. Street Fighter II -

46. Plants v Zombies

47. Family Guy

48. American Dad

49. Bob's Burgers

50. Archer

OK, just had a couple of goes at Venom. Interesting table :) Took me a couple of minutes to get a proper 'feel' for it. First score wasn't that great but I got a lot more into it on my second attempt. New score to beat: 44,828,639

venom_zpsj3kqt4w0.jpg

Fucking hell. I've not really looked at that table properly so I don't know what angle to attack it from. That's a pretty big increase on the score I put in though, over a 500% increase.

Sat and had a go at the tables I trailed on. I really do not like Butters. All the objectives are a pain in the arse and generally not very fun to play. I didn't enjoy playing that table at all. It felt like a proper chore. The sound effects are very grating too, the loo loo loo voice over gets old very quickly.

Proof of scores can be found on my xbox feed, if you want visual proof of scores.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

115.7m Is probably the best I'm going to get out of this table unless I really press at it. I did the hurry up with the machinegun, the goo ball, complicated Carnage and had Spiderman fighting Venom up top. I think it was called wall crawling? I've got to be honest I'm not entirely sure who was hitting who there because when you finish Carnage, Spiderman throws the red dude back in the cell. I'm not a comic book guy so I have sod all idea what's going on.

This table pretty much epitomizes why I don't really like split level tables. I have a little stopwatch where I time my runs to see how well I'm doing so I can work out the fastest way I'm gaining points so I can work out a plan. My worst credit I got 600k in 6 minutes. That's pathetic. It wasn't really down to me playing awful either, the table just has awful quirks where SDTM and outlane balls can't really be avoided. When the ball becomes uncontrolable and you're trying to regain composure it's far too regular that you'll hit it up the table only for it to come back at another awkward angle that means a clumsy return is all you can hope for. Out of all the tables we've played so far this is the one recovering is a proper ballache. On top of that you're not getting any points whilst recovering which is another kick in the teeth.

Other parts I don't really like is the Black Suit feature. This is the tables multiball feature and requires you to hit a lit drop target 4 in all that cycles through each time you hit the ball. If you hit a drop target that isn't lit it forces all the other targets back up and you have to start over. To make matters worse you can't trap the ball and cycle the lights with the other flipper so getting a multiball going is basically pot luck. On top of that once the drop targets are down the three sinkholes behind them are also on a rotating light schedule so you have hit the one that isn't lit or is lit. I'm not sure to be frank, you've got to jump through some many hoops to get the multiball that you'll never see it unless you solely focus on it and even then because of the random nature of how it works you're not likely to get it launched.

The plunger skillshot is garbage and rewards so little it's not worth the effort. On top of that it almost certain leads to a outer drain if you miss it by a fraction. It's pretty poor.

The other thing that I don't like is how it selects the hurry up missions by rotating through the list each time the mushroom is struck. The missions themselves are pretty poor as well, especially the one that pulls the ball back and dumps it on a random flipper if you miss. The time is really tight as it is anyway without you having to nudge the ball across to the opposing flipper at which point the table will time out that particular ramp and change it to one that requires the flipper you just nudged from.

I didn't mind the table when I started playing it, but now I've spent a bit of time with it my opinions on it have gone right down. It's too chaotic, good scores don't come from skill, they come from lucking out on how the table behaves.