passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Castlevania : Harmony of Despair

illdog

Im going for Soma next i think, Alucard is giving me a hard time so i think im gonna punish him and leave him on the subs.

I have two Master Rings equipped to Shanoa and her lightning is still only halfway to Level 9 so its time for a a change.... Altho i do wanna see what happens to her lightning at Level 9 (if anything). Hmmm.

Nitesco isnt it? Ive got that for Shanoa, might try something different but thanks hendo, now to start finding these damn enemies.

No, Piercing Beam it's called.

Apparently Deathscythe is really good when fully levelled, destroys the bosses supposedly. It's the flying spinning things that Death throws round the rooms in chapter 5 (as in, before the proper boss fight).

I spend about 3 hours farming Chapter 5 Hard last night with Soma in an attempt to get two Yasutsuna's. Didnt even get one.

I spent an hour on it this morning. Nothing, nothing untill my final run (and i actually had to make it my last run lest i was late for work) and in the final chest (which is always hit and miss wether i get to it or not because of the stinking Harpies and that idiot with the blue head): Yasutsuna. And i had a feeling id get it at that moment. I probably made it happen with mind power.

Its as good as ive read as well. Nice range, quick stabbing motion meaning you can slash twice in quick succesion. Just need another bastard now.

I did get an absolute fuck ton of alternative swords, some real meaty double handed ones and some pretty powerfull single hands which is all lovely but want two Yasutsuna's and i wont rest untill i have them.

I pulled this off the Gamefaqs boards, they've all been listing rare items and where they found them and Xcon3 has been compiling the information. Here it is as it stands:

Normal:

Chapter 1: Hercules Ring, Combo Boots, Daybreaker (Alucard)

Chapter 2: Holbein Dagger (Alucard)

Chapter 3: Lapiste (Shanoa), Pneuma (Shanoa), Heaven Sword (Alucard)

Chapter 4: Lapiste (Shanoa), Pneuma (Shanoa), Olrox's Suit, Daybreaker (Alucard)

Chapter 5: Lapiste (Shanoa), Pneuma (Shanoa), Holy Veil

Chapter 6: Satan's Ring (Soma), Mercury Boots, Lapiste (Shanoa), Pneuma (Shanoa), Daybreaker (Alucard), Vorpal Blade

Hard:

Chapter 1: Tough Ring, Mjollnjr, Spiked Mail (Jonathan)

Chapter 2: Thief Ring, Muramasa, Healing Mail (Jonathan)

Chapter 3: Chaos Ring, Nebula

Chapter 4: Alucard Sword (Alucard), Gungner (Soma), Feathered Gear

Chapter 5: Death's Robe, Death's Scythe (Soma), Ancient Armor, Berserker Mail, Yasutsuna

Chapter 6: Valmanway, Dracula Tunic, Winged Boots, Claim Solias (Soma), Simon's Plate (Jonathan), Impervious Mail, Minerva’s Mail (Shanoa).

Character Specific Drops:

If a weapon is listed, w/o character specific information, it drops for Alucard OR Soma.

If an armor is listed w/o character specific information, it drops for whatever characters would normally be able to equip it.

If anything else is listed w/o character specific information, it drops for everyone.

Dracula also can drop the following, but it is much more common:

Simon's Gear- all of simon's gear can be received from purple chests in level 6 hard EXCEPT for Simon's Plate

Minerva's Gear- all of Minerva's gear can be received from purple chests in level 6 hard EXCEPT for Minerva Mail

Muse’s Tiara - level 6 hard, purple chests

Berserker Mail, Ancient Armor, and Yasutsuna are more likely to drop from death than dracula.

The yatsuna can actually drop from level 5 hard purple chests as well.

Im free all night on Thursdays.

I could do this Thursday if I can get other half away from TV. Had to endure some cooking competition program followed by Heston Blumenstock/stall/whatever last night. No gaming makes Stoobie go crazy. He's at a wedding rehearsal tonight so I will be hunting boots then :)

Here's a trick Mr Stoobie: run him a bath. I do that for my misses and she thinks im being all nice and attentive when really i know she will spend an hour in there reading a book, that means more games for me.

Im possibly free Friday night as well.

Also, Castlevania. Whips'n'stuff. And bats.

Also, Castlevania. Whips'n'stuff. And bats.

I have a plan. I'm taking Little Miss Stoobie to spend some of her birthday money (£80! Kids these days grumble grumble) and am going to buy a couple of the Scott Pilgrim books to distract him (this will have the added advantage of maybe getting him to co-op the Scott Pilgrim game with me as well)

I had Winged Boots in my inventory and i didnt know it. Shanoa now flys like the wind! Using this speed ive been farming Chapter 5 Normal for Lapiste's. I can get to Death and kill him in less than 3 minutes but still no Lapiste damn it.

No boots for me yet - although I have probably had them and sold them :(

I got my £1000000 achievement last night and then bought the Masters ring. I also managed to survive a couple of Hard Level 6's without dieing - even on the boss. Go Shanoa!

I saw a cool weapon also - I think it was Soma. He sends out these little men on paper aeroplanes. They must be a Konami character as they were in Parodius as well.

No boots for me yet - although I have probably had them and sold them :(

I got my £1000000 achievement last night and then bought the Masters ring. I also managed to survive a couple of Hard Level 6's without dieing - even on the boss. Go Shanoa!

I saw a cool weapon also - I think it was Soma. He sends out these little men on paper aeroplanes. They must be a Konami character as they were in Parodius as well.

Its pounds in your game is it? :) You can re-order anything you sell from the item compendium you know?

That Soma weapon is a soul gotten from Fleaman (those anoying little hopy cunts in green).

Yea, some of that time is fucking around with the characters items and selling shit in the shops, but ive hardcored this game since ive had it.

Im still not sure if you'd like it Ben, im not sure if there's enough actual game in there for you. Im really hooked on leveling up Shanoa and getting the rare items, thats whats pulling me back. I love storming through the game with another 5 players who know what they're doing, its a great experience.