passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Room

hinn888

Thought i start a topic on this, think its actually gonna be quite a big thing.

Here are the achievements.

There are 2 free game packs to download from the very beginning

Pack 1 features 8 games

Pack 2 features 7 games

At the moment theres a problem apparently with it not loading up but SuperKaylo said to restart your xbox it should be fine.

Heh no one can get on atm, what SuperKAylo said makes no difference!

I was speaking to another guy who was playing it, he said to unplug your ethernet cable/wireless asapter, wait till it passes the load screen then plug it back in the connect to live, you will be able to play it for a bit.

*EDIT* Never mind im on it ^^

For a limited time, buy a game and get a free mascot!

Most the achievements you have to buy something, i thought microsoft had a rule where you shouldnt have to spend money to get them, i remember they didnt like the fact you could get one on Fable II unless you had pub games and made them sort it out.

I had read this was all fixed so I downloaded it and the two game packs and then started it up and I'm now stuck in the "Loading" screen within Game Room where it shows random tips, oh hang on, as I type it's actually loaded. It's taken ages so if you start it up for the first time and it seems to hang on about 25%, just leave it be for a while.

I hate to say it but this is actually bollocks, its only good if you and your friends buy a shedload of games, maybe even the same games so you can play in another friends arcade, its just pretty much raping your wallet.

What they should have done was create a XBLA room, where you can decroate it to your fancy and a different way to level up. Theres only a maximum of 3 medals per game, theres an achievement for 48 medals, Thats 16 games already, at 240 each thats 3840 M$P. thats without the more medals needed for the reach lvl 20 cheevo.

Oh and also those packs are apparently for the items you can place in the room.

Yeah it's a good idea but so far doesn't have the games to back it up. If you don't have nostalgia for these games....I mean, they've aged and only those who have a thing for them will buy them anyway. I'd probably buy Frostbite or Keystone Cops if they appeared but they're still quite expensive.

No New Game Room Additions Until "Late April"

Written Tuesday, March 30, 2010 by Richard Walker

Anyone who was hoping for old school arcade cabinets to be flooding the Xbox Live Arcade Game Room will be sorely disappointed to discover that there won't be any new games added until the end of April.

The word comes from official Xbox community member 'trilobiting' who on the forums posted the following: "Just wanted to provide some clarification on when you can expect to see new games up on Game Room, as there appears to be some confusion around that area. New games will be added to the service every week, starting in late April."

Still, in more positive news, MS want to hear your requests for new arcade games to join the burgeoning ranks of retro classics in Game Room, and there's a forum thread where you can have your shout and suggest your most wanted Game Room title.

<_<

It's a shame the initial games aren't among the greatest to show it off, just having Pitfall would've been enough to have me putting money down.

Everything else about the service (bar the slightly inflated prices) is superb, as they show off here with the challenges you can send out.

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.1.5_10001.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.1.5_10001.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="whiskey-video-id" value="2235" /><param name="flashvars" value='config={"key":"#@db334ee8c5997373469","clip":{"scaling": "fit"},"canvas":{"background":"#000000","backgroundGradient":"none"},"playlist":["http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/31/1308644-vf_gameroom_ql.jpg", {"autoPlay":false,"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/video/vf_gameroom_ql_700.flv"}],"plugins":{"controls":{"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer.controls-3.1.5_10000.swf","autoHide":"always","timeColor":"#cc0000","bufferGradient":"none","volumeSliderColor":"#333333","durationColor":"#ffffff","sliderColor":"#333333","tooltipTextColor":"#ffffff","backgroundGradient":"none","timeBgColor":"#000","borderRadius":"0px","tooltipColor":"#000","buttonColor":"#cc0000","sliderGradient":"none","progressColor":"#cc0000","bufferColor":"#666666","volumeSliderGradient":"none","buttonOverColor":"#990000","progressGradient":"medium","backgroundColor":"#111111"}}}' /></object>

Challenges are great and coupled with leaderboards, for me, really breathe new life into some hoary old classics that - let's face it - can already be played quite easily and cheaply on a number of formats. Can't argue with the superb Shaolin's Road for a couple of quid though. Really looking forward to the next bunch of games. I've already bought five :/

If anyone wants to hit me up with some challenges, I've got: Yar's Revenge, Scramble, Super Cobra, Lunar Lander and Shaolin's Road.

After a depressing bout of Fallout 3 I needed cheering up so I loaded this up. To be perfectly honest most of the games are absolute tat. The Intellivision ones can fuck right off, the Activision games are the most basic ones possible (but no Boxing, wtf?). Only the Konami selection appealed to me but to be honest after a quick go on each I bought the only one that compelled me to play again and that Road Fighter. Then I bought Scramble to try to beat Jay’s score (no chance).

There are plenty of quality games that could make Games Room as awesome as it deserves to be but I shant be playing it much until then.

Im looking to Activision for my old school favorites, Keystone Capers was mentioned by Hendo, but I’d love to see Spider Fighter, Defender, Dragonfire, Amidar and Oink! Amogst others. Represent Atari 2600 (with varnished wooden panel). Id play the shit out of it then, used to play those games with my Grandad when I was about 4.

Activision games are coming soon apparently. Keeping my fingers crossed for HERO, Beamrider and River Raid.

Other 2600 games I'd love to see on there are Miner 2049er, Jawbreaker, Cosmic Creeps and the brilliant Frogger II: Threedeep.

Arcade-wise, I'd kill for Bomb Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Word to the wise: If you download this on your PC after youve played it on your 360, then play the 360 version again you'll find it wipes everything youve done so far. All your medals, time spent, decorated rooms - everything. Not happy.

See, i like the actual idea of it all, it just needs some more good games. I just hate the fact that the PC version wiped out my stats, it super wack and its really pissed me off. I cant understand why games for windows didnt read my 360 stats but the 360 read the Games for Windows.