passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yakuza 3

HandsomeDead

Despite the disappointing cuts that have been made to the western release it isn't half great to be back in Kazuma's big shoes again.

The recaps from previous games were a appreciated as when I went through the demo I struggled remembering who was who again, it doen't go into the finer details but I'm clearer than I was, it was a while a go I last played the previous games. I'm on chapter 3 and I look forward to having the game fully open up to explore, I hope you stay in Okinawa, I like being the big fish in small town, albeit one trying to keep a low profile.

Gameplay-wise its almost identical to the last games so it won't win anyone over who didn't like those. Its pure fan service but I'm not complaining, the fights are as brutal and satisfying as ever, even with all this violence they do have that soppy streak at times, the first few hours here are testament to that. But its all part of the charm if you ask me.

Oh, and despite running an orphanage I still found some time to get pissed on vintage whiskey and play some pool.

Yeah, I know, shamelessly copied and pasted from the other thread I made.

FUCK this is out??!!?

I was going to be a good boy and wait till next week to buy it, but I've decided to gamble on actually being paid by people who've bought things from me on ebay and buy it now. I just cant wait to follow a tramp into a public toilet all over again

Any tigers in this game better watch their faces, otherwise they're going to get punched

Bought this yesterday & am quite enjoying it - its like

GTA with RPG elements, upgrades, etc. but thus

is a great 3D world to explore & no sandbox adventure

has yet touched the East (well, if anyones

looking forward to True Crime!?!)Its great to

see interiors so detailed & theres quite alot

going on (in Okinwina so far) the beachside

location (orphanage?)is beautiful & classicly Sega

(love the Sonic The Hedgehog blue skies! :D )

I'm still a bit in the early chapters but theres

plenty of dialogue & cutscenes to keep you busy -

I'm looking forward to the mini-games & Sega

Arcades!

The mini games in this are unbelievably shit, but just incredibly awesome. The golf and the fishing are one thing, but the karaoke is insane :lol:

Started to unlock a few more moves, kind of wish it threw a few more heat moves at you because they're undoubtedly the highlight. I'm on the verge of heading back to Tokyo, there's a fish i havent found but tbh I'd rather move things on bit, especially as the plot seems pretty good (Fuma!)

I know what you mean about the mini-games, something always seems a little off about them but they're loads of fun, I can't describe why, they are so knowingly gamey. I don't like the darts one, I don't get it at all. Remember to go to the burger chain to pull, the first and only port of call for lady friends.

And I'm now sure that Kazuma is a schizo, his dialogue in the main plot stuff is soo different to the stuff found outside it.

I'm unsure about the main plot in this one, its hasen't been going anywhere the last few hours I've done but I've been catching up on side quests lately so maybe something is due to happen.

Apparantly Yakuza 5 is in the works according to Famitsu. I wonder if or when that will turn up, I dunno how I feel about a fifth installment..

• 2 weeks later...

Finished.

The ending with Kazuma being stabbed might of been more effective if we didn't know that Yakuza 4 is already out.

Like I said in the gaming week, once I stopped playing the sidequests I enjoyed it more, I got it done in 25 hours but there was loads left to do.

I think I would be up for Yakuza 4 if it comes. The last chapters in all three games are always awesome, they're like if they made a new Streets of Rage.