passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Alien Breed Evolution

Bob

So, after some problems with pricing I have bought this and it is rather good. Same standard of graphics that we had with Shadow Complex and even similar twin stick controls but this time it's all top down and shit. Only played the first level so far but I was surprised at how long it was, took me just short of 40 minutes. The level they give you in the trial seems to be a mish mash of different bits from the first level which was nice.

Couple of bad points is that I keep getting hung up on things and there doesn't seem to be any shopping this time round. Although the "Welcome to Intek systems" voice is still there and it is awesome. I felt a real rush of excitement when i first heard her :blush:

There is 2 player co-op but not in the main game. I have not tried it properly but I loaded it up using the old one person two pad no friends technique and it looked like a stripped back action explodey version of the full thing.

First impressions are very good anyway and unless it all goes to pot after the first level it will be 800 points well spent.

I've never played Shadowgrounds but some say Alien Breed is like it, others say its nothing like Shadowgrounds, some say its a bit like Shadowgrounds but not that much and I'm in that camp.

I tried the trial, it was a bit brief but I liked what I played. Gonna pick it up when I get me some points.

I tried the demo last night and i really didnt like it. Top down viewpoint, bland spaceshipy visuals, i must have played for like a minute and i was bored to tears so i turned it off.

Im fully aware that i havent given it a fair go so i shall hold back further judgement untill ive at least played through the trial.