passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Left 4 Dead 2

stoobie

Achievements!

Torch Bearer

Survive The Passing Campaign.

Port of Scavenge

Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.

Fore!

Knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club.

Til It Goes Click

Using the M60, kill 25 infected without letting go of the trigger.

Killing Them Swiftly To This Song

Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox.

Wedding Crasher

As the Charger, grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding.

Cache Grab

Open 5 foot lockers.

Kite Like a Man

Kill a tank only with damage from the original Survivors.

Grave Robber

Collect 10 items dropped by a Fallen Survivor.

Mutant Overlord

Play 6 Mutations.

Mutation mode eh?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the mutation mode it changes every thursday, so you gta play a game once a week for the achievement. The first mutation mode this week, is realism versus mode, another one that valve has mentioned is unlimited chainsaw supply with hordes of zombies.

Sounds good to me!

Those pesky code monkeys have been at it again, this time pilfering through the Left 4 Dead 2 Steam code of this week's The Passing downloadable content.

The Mutation mode, which is a weekly changing DLC game mode, is currently playing the Realism Versus game type and is set to change to Chainsaws next week, but a Steam forum goer by the name of Thegreenthing16 has uncovered a load more of names and details of possible upcoming Mutation game types.

The list and details from the Steam forums are as follows:

Chainsaws

First Man Out

Four Swords Men

Hardcore

Head Shots Only

Last Man One Earth

Linear Scavenge

M60s

Max Specials

Mutations 1

Mutations 2

Mutations 3

Mutations 4

Mutations 5

Mutations 6

Mutations 7

Mutations 8

Mutations 9

No Health Versus

Realism Versus

Temporary Health

Ultra Realism

Versus Survival

Vip Target

Guard the Gnome: Mutation9

-Coop

-Gnome spawns at the beginning, you need to to make it through the levels.

-Zombies go after the person carrying the gnome.

Bleeding Out: Mutation3

-Coop

-No Medkits, only pills.

-You start with temporary health that goes down fast.

-Lots of pills.

-Lots of random panic events.

The Mutation mode is easily one of The Passing's selling points and we hope that these turn out to be legitimate variations that Valve puts into practice in the coming months. Especially Guard the Gnome. Yes, I have a gnome obsession.

Just as I came out of the flooded road works section a saw the Midnight Riders tour bus speed along the road!! Has anyone else seen it?

More survivors? Perhaps the Midnight Riders themselves?

So that's what the hell Rochelle was talking about. I didn't notice myself, but the in game chatter noticed it. Here it is again for those who want to know where to look.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Left 4 Dead 2's Realism Versus Becoming A Permanent Fixture

Written Saturday, May 08, 2010 by Dan Webb

Left 4 Dead 2's debut Mutation mode was that popular that Valve are only going to make it a permanent game mode soon enough.

The Realism Versus game mode, which added a realism twist to the already popular versus mode, will be added to the roster soon after a public vote voted in favour of the it being added to the roster - 68% of voters said yes, beating 21% of the naysayers and 11% who had no opinion (why vote "no" on a new and additional game mode!?)

This obviously bodes well for other successful game types of the Mutation game mode, as they too could become rather more permanent. No news yet on when it's coming, but Valve says they'll let everyone know next week.

In other Mutation news, this week's game mode is "Follow the Litter," which is essentially the Scavenge game mode but with only one can spawning at a time. Sounds messy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

:o

Hes not dead yet?

I had a feeling he was going to become a zombie and you would have to kill him

The comic is all stuff that comes before The Passing. Presumably it's going to end with him dead.

And aren't they all immune?

Ah i see, i thought Bill was getting up from that position, not getting into it.

I guess they could be, considering how much they get bitten.