passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

What a difference a week makes. Not played this in about 10 days, took it online and lossed 4 in a row against someone i reckon i could have beaten on top form. They were good against ryu, obviously fought a lot of them, but Fei Long was holding his own, i was just clumsy and slow :(

Had some good games today. Played 6 games against some italian guy, 3 each in the end. He was a Ken player, not the greatest but probably better than I am at the minute, he liked his fireballs but he'd got the lobbing art down to a T so fair play to him. I also fought an Abel player, lethal to my Ryu, so i stayed mid distance and slugged it out with punches and kicks. Either the guy wasnt very good or he only knows how to deal with people jumping in, 2nd round I found a bit of my old form and finally got myself a perfect win!

yeah it takes ages for someone to join sometimes. and it seems to be 50/50 whether youll get in a match when you search yourself! it isnt as good as hdr's, thats fo sho. imagine fighting one of those top japanese players.. you wouldnt know what to do with yourself

holy crap 128 players?!

I wouldnt even thought dhalsim be in the final.

Hes really good at dodging n sagat looks funny in trousers. :D

I need to time my focus attack against pesky hadouken spammers, it be like auto heal :)

• 3 weeks later...

yeah ive only done a couple of kens, one of ryus and one of chun li's but they were off the chain. ill keep bobbing my head in but they are way over my current skill if the early ones are anything to go by. maybe if i chip away at them i will get better but good enough to actually do them all.. i doubt it. thinking six special moves and dozens of button presses into the future is fucking rock!

It's weird to see people who get to finals still spamming the fireballs, gives us all hope i guess

Yea, it was a little uninspiring. Streetfighter + Japan + Final = Best match ever? No. DOes not compute.

Still, it shows what a great character Dhalsim is in the hands of someone who knows how to use him.

i beat a japanese fella before in a player match, was a brilliant cammy player. we had two matches, best of 5 rounds, he won the first match but i won the second one and he rage quit, lol. people are the same the world over! he really had her offensive game down, ex cancelling everywhere to deal ridiculous combo damage. he didnt reckon with the topgunprobo anti-bastard nuclear dragon punch initiative though did he

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the original street fighter on the spectrum. Mono chrome and you could change the colour. Red and green? Nice for the eyes. Anyway, I loved SFII back in the day spending ours playing it after school. Complaining why Dalsim was even in there the slow monkey he is and why Blanka can't just stop doing his electric thing. Some things nver change. Another thing that never changes is how rubbish I am at these games. I played for a few hour on my own (Wiivo got this for my birthday) and then had some online games against him. He kicked my ass. Again andagain and again. I think i won 2 out of 20 matches maybe. Anyway, much fun.

Cool cut scenes.

Capcom today announced that the Championship mode for Street Fighter IV will drop next Friday, April 24th and it won't cost you a penny. Championship mode gives players the chance to compete in tournaments and to watch replays of the best tournament matches.

"Championship Mode offers you the chance to compete in five different grades of tournaments, creating the right challenge for players of every skill level. You’ll score Grade Points (GP) for tournament wins, and as your GP total grows, you’ll become eligible to enter into more exclusive tournaments. Winning tournaments will also net you Championship Points (CP). CPs are like “prize money” up for grabs in the tournament. The higher the GP skill of the players in a particular tournament, the bigger the CP prize!"

"The Replay Mode allows you to select and watch the best Championship Mode tournament matches. On Xbox Live, you can choose to download and save your favourite replays to study the players’ techniques. You’ll also be able to turn on the input commands from both players to be able to review their button and joystick motions in precise detail."

Street Fighter IV's Championship mode will be available for download on April 24th.