passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Shmup Thread

spatular

The rally game is actually really good, but also tough as nails. Wouldn't be surprised if I end up playing that the most from the collection to be honest.

Bit random thing I just stumbled upon, but risk System is getting a physical release. For example here via VGP: https://videogamesplus.ca/products/risk-system-elite-edition-switch-vgny-soft-day-one-pre-order-bonus-1-5in-enamel-pin?goal=0_50263cf20b-200a4d718a-45311047&mc_cid=200a4d718a&mc_eid=434733a63d

I posted my thoughts on it on page 18, short version is that I think it's a really interesting and fun take on the genre, but the lack of difficulty options combined with a checkpoint system meant that I was ultimately never able to see it to the finish line. But maybe a nice pickup for collectors, because that game really flew under the radar.

• 1 month later...

Both Söldner-X games are getting a re-release on Switch this year:

I was actually thinking about the second one relatively recently, played that quite a bit on PS3 (and Vita I think?). Not quite up there on the Pantheon of shoot'em ups, but a really enjoyable game with lots of secrets, unlockables and whatnot. The first one, Himmelsstürmer, is very mediocre though, didn't grab me at all. But I'll be picking this up, cool that it comes with a manual, too (my 10-year old self is laughing at that sentence).