passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Playstation Home Goes Live

stoobie

I'm in my Home now, having just created an avatar that doesn't really look like me at all. It all looks very pretty graphically. When entering an area for the first time, I'm going to the Home Square as told to in the tutorial, it has to download it to your hard drive. That's about all I've done thus far, but it seems to be working ok.

LOL, I'm in the square and there's a PSP ad on the screen 'the whole world in your hands' one, and there's about 5 blokes all dancing in front of it. It would be rude not to join in. Here you go, excuse the poor quality, it's from my phone. :D

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

i couldnt get on last night but I managed to this mnorning and have downloaded all the extra areas. The only ones I have been to so far are the bowling alley and the cinema one. There were a few arcade games and pool tables to play on and the bowling alleys, but they were busy so i couldnt get on them. Other than that I cant really see the point of it all yet. Mind I dont think a lot of things were loading due to me background loading other areas.

I did decorate my pad in a sixties fashion tho...

Yeah graphically it looks really nice but whaht the fuck is the point of it?

Seriously?

If you are into Sims type games then surely its a let down as there is no character growth or game progression...

If you are into social networking then there are better things out there.

Its just weird.

I suppose i can't judge it till i try it but i really can't be bothered to even download this crap until its actually proven to do something useful.

PAH... i'm going back to my new NXE with the really slow blade and a friends list.

I was reading on GTM forums that you can set up a club house so we could have had a MFGamers clubhouse (for the few PS3 owners on here) but apparently it costs £3.99 to set it up and then from next March you will have to pay a monhtly fee - wtf! What is the point? There is already a chat room thing for free on the XMB so why pay more to chat but with a fancy avatar in a fancy room?

I was reading on GTM forums that you can set up a club house so we could have had a MFGamers clubhouse (for the few PS3 owners on here) but apparently it costs £3.99 to set it up and then from next March you will have to pay a monhtly fee - wtf! What is the point? There is already a chat room thing for free on the XMB so why pay more to chat but with a fancy avatar in a fancy room?

Thats the problem isn't it, PSN might be free, but its probably going to get microtransactioned to kingdom come.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't been in Home since when it first launched, but I decided to fire it up tonight. I'm currently downloading all the new spaces, and there's a fair few of them. The whole interface is completely different to how it was on release. I'm not sure why I'm bothering, I heard it being talked about on the latest Gamerdork.