passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

DANGERMAN

The crab is dead. I got the tram in today and that gave me a good 45 minutes to sit and try as many times as needed. Got him on the second go. ;)

I got the light glyph and the underwater glyph and am now swimming about murdering fish :)

Like i said before, the game expands a bit more after the crab - good times ahead.

Ive beaten the

three bosses in Dracula's Castle

that Ben beat ages ago. Just got a swish 'Death Ring', makes me strong as an Ox but i can be killed in one hit but im not scared, if it moves i attack it.

Only Level 39 so i got some work to do before i meet Mr Alacard. Oh, and Superior Sickle Glyph and Valkyre Outfit ftw.

*super trumpets*

Im joining Ben in his band Dracula Pwnd, bags drums tho. It could be a trio Stoobie, is it worth waiting for you or shall we go ahead and break the US? You could join us in Asia.

I was having stupid trouble with Dracula until i mixed some of my Glyphs around. I was taking 1000 points of damage off him per hit in the end!

Hell of a game overall, i think its my favorite one so far and not just because its the most recent. I loved the Village and the little sub-quests, and also that was a plce to go back to heal and re-stock hearts, a lifesaver actually and a very welcome addition. I found myself lookin for warp points just as much as save points in the sub levels, just to get back to the village where i knew everything was ok.

Albus mode awaits but Bens got me tempted with Sorrow again...

Im joining Ben in his band Dracula Pwnd, bags drums tho. It could be a trio Stoobie, is it worth waiting for you or shall we go ahead and break the US? You could join us in Asia.

I will have to join the 10 year reunion tour the rate I am getting through it :)

I have just picked up Fire Emblem as well, but I want to finish COoE first before I start it, so i will be playing it to death this week.

Double post win!

The levels are getting too hard/too far between save points for me to play this on the train - I am going to have to start playing at home as well I think.

I am level 21 in Skeleton Caves(?) and there are

skeleton dinosaurs

- they rule.

Double post win!

The levels are getting too hard/too far between save points for me to play this on the train - I am going to have to start playing at home as well I think.

I am level 21 in Skeleton Caves(?) and there are

skeleton dinosaurs

- they rule.

There's a great way to level up in Skelton Cave Stoobie, ive posted it near the beginning of the thread if you wanna check it out, unless u find it yourself. You can go up at least 10 levels in 30 mins.

There's a great way to level up in Skelton Cave Stoobie, ive posted it near the beginning of the thread if you wanna check it out, unless u find it yourself. You can go up at least 10 levels in 30 mins.

Yep - already used it to go up four levels :) My train journey is only 25 mins tho so I dont want to spend the whole time doing that :lol:

Right I have beaten the guy who you are chasing and then I

sacrificed myself

which I guess is the bad ending. I had missed out on two villagers. He was really easy - but then I am level 32 so he should be compared to when you two finished him.

Gonna have a break from it before I go back and do the rest. But I loved it - not played a castlevania right through(ish) since the SNES/Megadrive ones. I might pick up the other DS ones...

Right I have beaten the guy who you are chasing and then I

sacrificed myself

which I guess is the bad ending. I had missed out on two villagers. He was really easy - but then I am level 32 so he should be compared to when you two finished him.

Gonna have a break from it before I go back and do the rest. But I loved it - not played a castlevania right through(ish) since the SNES/Megadrive ones. I might pick up the other DS ones...

Still got a bit to do Stoobie, i'd carry on whilst its all fresh in your mind but hey, im not your dad, do what you want. Or am I?

And what what what? Didnt bother with the other ones? A hex on you.

Still got a bit to do

Really? Oh I might stick with it then - Fire emblem can wait a bit longer. Ive read through the rest of the topic as well and found out how to get two glyphs I couldnt reach.

Maybe you are my father - did you sleep with my mam when you were minus 3 years old?

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty bloody good this, isn't it?

I have played both Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, and am ashamed to say I haven't finished either, but I've started this with the intention of seeing it through to the end. I like the Glyph system, very easy to use and it appears to be working very well thus far. The graphics and sound are some of the best the DS has seen to date, with some funky effects going on for good measure.

I'm currently Level 10, I grinded a bit early on to gain a couple levels while killing time, and am just past the second boss (the skeleton one?) and have the pillar of light Glyph now. I like having the Village as a central point to go and visit, save etc. I shouldn't have the double jump skill yet, should I? There's a few places I can see me needing it for, but I haven't come across it yet.

Anyway, I'm really liking what I've played so far, and I can see it getting rock hard later on.

yep, the next boss will probably make you cry

I think all the important glyphs are pretty much unmissable, although i did miss the wings (had to search but they were right near where i needed them)

Good to see someone else has picked this up, hopefully everyone on the site will get it over the next few months