passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry 2

Oliath

• 3 months later...

Another one I bought for the first time yesterday - £9.95 at Blockbuster - Bargain or wot! :D Well I'll have to begin by saying it looks (especially the scenery) absolutely beautiful - I love sneaking throu the forest - a bit like a first person Uncharted & I just feel its one of those game worlds I'm going to love spending time in. Funny I never was much into shooters like this with PS2, maybe PS3 is maturing me as a gamer?

Single Player

Fix some random crash occurring during specific Malaria attacks

Fix health damage not following the difficulty level when switching difficulty during player’s walkthrough

Fix some camera issue when using a mortar near a rock

Reduce significantly the probability of having a corrupted save game

Multiplayer

Add Respawning time in Host - Advanced options - player match

Add Starting rank in Host - Advanced options - player match

Add min players in the host option

Add deaths in scoreboard

Balance current damage model

Show VIP on Scoreboard (for your team only)

Players can stay on the same host for consecutive matches in Ranked match

Add a Quick match button when selecting a map in the Map community

Fix vehicles spawning on their initial position immediately after being destroyed by an explosion

Fix client being disconnected from the host randomly and not being able to see it after that

Fix death message does not appear randomly

Fix some issues when interacting with objects

Fix bandolier doesn’t always unlock extra ammo

Fix some bug when healing another player and getting wounded at the same time

Fix diamond gain in rank mode

Fix players don’t get a request to keep a map after playing on a IGE map

DLC Fix some issues when using the crossbow

Nice, about fucking time, but fix the Utility Man achievement Ubisoft! You owe me 30 points.

Nice, about fucking time, but fix the Utility Man achievement Ubisoft! You owe me 30 points.

I got this last night (had a 4 and a half hour stint from midnight :blush:) so I'm glad it didn't screw me over.

What's your Gun of Choice?

I like the Sniper Rifle That Fires about 5-6 rounds before it needs reloading.

Well, early impression - not feeling it.

Not enjoying the driving, I'm never a fan of the in-car view in driving games and it means I'm forever bumping into rocks or trees and fucking my car up. I feel like running to places would be better.

I'm getting my arse handed to me as well, just got killed again and turned it off.

I'm gonna give it more time but so far I'm not convinced.

But I'm not having any fun!

I'm getting continually gang raped, I can't do any mission stealthily because as soon as I get anywhere near then I get jumped. I bought a sniper rifle from an arms dealer but fuck knows where it is. I found a gun with a sniper sight on it in a safe house but it's an explosive one and it gets jammed and I get told that weapons will jam if you've nicked them from enemies, so where's my gun?!

Any tips?

On the bright side it's one of the best looking games I've ever experienced and full marks for the technical achievement but it's too frustrating to be fun. I think I'd prefer a straight up linear mission-based shooter.

the guns go in the arms room next door bro. you can also refill your ammo in there. try playing around with the fire, its brilliant. a few well placed molotovs can rape a small enemy settlement. if you get them near ammo caches the caches will ignite and go mental!

It's impossible to be completely stealthy though. It is like everyone in the game has just come back from a shopping spree at vision express.

you tried playing it with the purchased stealth upgrade, and silenced weapons? go in under cover of darkness too.

Ok, it's starting to click now. I think the problem was not knowing how to deal with different situations, like the guard posts which I'd either try to sneak past or just drive fast and hope for the best, where the best tactic is to stop a little while before them in the gun-mounted jeep, stop and blast them before moving on. That jeep is my best friend in this game as it's essentially free ammo.

My sniper that I bought broke so I bought a Dragunov and upgraded it's accuracy and reliabilty and it's keeping me alive, great gun. Also bought the camo stealth suit but haven't tried it yet. I've been concentrating on the side quests so far, seems to be a big game.

I love doing the hitman missions, especially when it's in a no-fire zone.

When doing the main objectives, is it best to do what you're told or the buddies' alternative? Does it even make a difference? Oh, and I've been sticking to one side at the moment (the, er, one on the left, whichever that is), should I change sides at any point?