passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dancing Stage Universe 2 - 360

illdog

Not to be overlooked by all you rhythm/music game fans...

Primarily bought for the misses as ive always thought that dancemats were a bit....you know....female...i soon kicked her ass of of it (cos she was shockingly bad, i forget as gamers that our co-ordination and reaction time is levelled up to super stats, making us gods) and showed her what time it was.

What starts out as an embarrasingly easy tutorial and branches out to the quite simple Game Mode Lite soon become the uber challenge that is...Normal Mode. Except they call it Master Edition (for those that have finished Game Mode Lite). Honestly, the step up is something else, i was fucking knackered after two songs.

But fuck me is it addictive! Alright, you do look like a bloody cockend jumping about and there's no escaping that fact, especially compared to the 1337ness of sitting at a drum kit mashing up In Bloom by Nirvana, butthe challenge is just as much fun.

I suppose the initail battle is getting used to the mat, more importantly the positions of the arrows and the centre stand. When things get a little hectic I found myself standing on the top arrow thinking it was centre and wondering why i was failing. The next battle (which ive yet to overcome) is the moves required to get about, as your hit by quick fast up, left, right, downs and then double arrows like up and down together requiring a two footed jump. This im sure will come easier once my brain maps the dance mat and i can run up the stairs, jump over the sofa and stll land a perfect left right combo in the dark.

The soundtrac i have to admit has been a little pants so far. I can dig even average songs just for the challenge of the game but my misses has hated them all. Its got Here we Go by that band with the video on the running machines and one by Goldfrapp but i dont think its the game to by stictly for the music. Its the challenge!

Like Abba, take a chance.

i use to love dancing games, no im not gay, im chinese.

Used to go in arcades and play them non stop

but gradually i got bored of them, dancing to the same songs over and over again just got to me.

So now i no longer buy music games, simple as really.

I did own DSU but the music was awful and the quest mode was worse! The 2nd ones now out tho, but i heard the 3rd is the best one.

• 11 months later...

I leave the hearty party with a boom bizza BUMP.

This is one of those games that was laying around hardly played. Trying to get a bit more in shape lately and i recall this game fucking me to the extreme after a couple of songs so i decided to give it another bash.

The health kick sort of fell by the wayside as ive been playing Quest Mode (Story Mode if you will) but its so hard on the dance mat ive been playing it with the pad as a rhythm game and ive been really enjoying it. I actually quite like some of the tracks now, alot are shit but theres some good songs on there.

The Quest Mode is just a map screen showing about 6 continents, each having about 8 states (all with Hawaii like names) and you have to fulfill a certain objective on each 'state'. These objectives are like getting a certain number of consecutive steps, getting a certain amount of jump combo's (jump combo is when you hit two directions at the same time) or its just a straight up, you gots da moves girlfriend dance off against some sassily dressed young upstart who all up in yo face. Beat all of one continents challenges and you enter a competition to become continental dance champion. The ultimate aim is to become the Dancing Stage Universe Ultimate Motherfucker by cmapioning all continents and the winning the World Championship or some such thing. Ooh yeah.

I did however get back on the mat last night and did 12 songs in a row and seriously, i was uber fucked. I was dripping with sweat, games plus weight loss = WIN.

I keep thinking of getting one of these for the kids to play on - is the music charty pop music or is it crappy dance tracks?

Its alot of Dance, bit of Trance, a fair section of shit and some nice Drum'n'Bass. You wont be rushing out for the soundtrack but they become familiar as you play the game and you develop a fondness for some songs against your better judgement.

I did buy one song off iTunes :blush: