passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars : The Force Unleashed

stoobie

This is the sort of thing that annoys me about DLC. A few years back these would have just been rewards for completing the game

SOOOOO true Ben.

These are the sort of things you would read about or hear about and then spend ages trying to unlock adding loads to the game.

This game REALLY needed something unlockable like this. It was fun but shallow and needed a reason to make you want to replay through it.

Paying for Skins is a fucking joke too. They will add NOTHING to the game.... unless they all have their own force abilities but i doubt it.

A new mission also means ONE new level. That is all... which sucks donkey cock.

It will keep you busy for about ten minutes.

What i REALLY wanted to hear (and was secretly hoping for) is that they would add some challenge modes or something like survival with online leaderboards....

CUNTS.

Ill be trading this in for Mirrors Edge which will probably be equally as shite but at least i can bash one off over the main character without feeling as ikky as i do over the Apprentice.

I started playing this again and I agree with Oliath that the further you get into it the better it gets. The more your force powers improve the game becomes much more enjoyable. So much so that when I got to the bit where you fight

Darth Maul

I destroyed him and loved doing it. The tearing down of the

Star Destroyer

initally pissed me off until i realised you could

grab the Ties and destroy them rather than use the debris

There are a few remaining niggles like sometimes not being able to run over a small bump in the ground and the seriously overpowered grey tall stormtrooper things.

I think I may even play through it again all powered up like.

In regards to STAR WAR THE FORCE UNLEASHED, firstly i'm a bit of a star wars nutjob, kinda grew up with you know childhood and all that! So i thought hhmmm star wars next gen could be good. The reviews have been mixed but mainly average and has sold bucket loads, a lot of star wars freaks out there and quite a few follow the jedi religion! anyhow, i digress i thought ahh its bloody star wars so i traded in a couple of games where gamestation match the the price of computer exchange for a good price if you how them a print out of computer exchanges prices, cheers ed for that, check out eds deals, he sure has fingers in all pies! Right! back to the game, about bloody time huh! Yes, it has a great story of the star wars universe, which could be made into another movie, yes more yankee dollars for mr.lucas! The music complements the story very well, very rousing and epic as per usual! Im half way through and am enjoying it as the sith apprentice kicking jedi arse as they say, but things change and become interesting but that is where i am at mo. The game does now and again jag and have glitches and tends to stall a little when my many achievement points come rolling through!! It can be a little slow and i suppose the level design can be somewhat repetitive as with some aspects of the game, you just feel there is nothing really new is this genre maybe apart from the new physics they rave about. I do tend to feel i am exploited as a star wars fan with more than often average games, but i spend me cash because its bloody star wars! The last decent star wars title i played was knights of the old republic, which was corking fun. Anyways, i would recommend any star wars fan to at least rent it out and become immersed in the star wars universe between episodes 3 and 4 for while! May the force be with or not you rebel scum. regards

Yeah... its definitely the game that gets better the more you play.

Once you know the best stuff to level up and... like i do... have learned all the combos... you really do feel like a badass and creatively dispatching your enemies is great fun.

I have become rather evil though. I like force lifiting storm troopers and then bringing them close to me so i can watch them panic before i toss them out of a window with my light sabre up their arse.

Doing the whole game on Sith Master now for the 300point acheivement and its BLOODY hard work. Some of the boss fights are frustrating and its almost enough to kill the games enjoyment for me... but i am loving the challenge and youtube boss vids are helping me through the pain.

Glad some others are enjoyinng it.

It really needs an online element to show off your characters.

NEARLY beat this on sith master now.

Just got the vader fight left and then 300gps and a well earned achievement in the bag :rolleyes:

I have REALLY REALLY enjoyed working for this one. The first few stages were actually the hardest as my character was weak, but i used previous experience to level up correctly and am now pretty badass against most enemies.

Not looking forward to the final fight though. I have a feeling its going to be massively frustrating but thankfully there are save points at each different stage.

Rekon this could be the second game i own where i go for the full 1k points.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah as soon as i heard they were charging for that crap i ditched the game.

I don't mind paying for DLC if time and money has been spent on it, but in this case they clearly just held stuff back OR are pumping out some crap that didn't make it into the final cut of the game. Its bullshit.

• 3 weeks later...
The Force Unleashed received a load of Marketplace updates today in the form of two themes, two picture packs and even a new mission pack.

The two theme packs are, both 50 points:

Girls of Star Wars

Jedi Temple

The two picture packs, both 100 points:

Picture Pack 5: It contains Rebel Juno Eclipse, Ultimate Good Apprentice, Maris Brood, a Bull Rancor, and Jedi Master Shaak Ti.

Picture Pak 6: It contains the Ultimate Evil Apprentice, Darth Sion, Count Dooku, Kit Fisto and Young Obi-Wan.

Moving on to the major game content ... I call it major because for 800 Microsoft points, it needs to be. The DLC, titled Jedi Temple Mission Pack contains the following:

"...an entirely new single-player mission set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. In this mission Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons... Download this mission pack and you’ll also get 6 brand new characters and 3 all new Secret Apprentice costumes."

Interested? Want to queue it up? Go here then. Happy hunting.

UPDATE: We've just added the 7 new achievements (ones in grey) that are tied in with the new DLC. Weirdly, there are 220 points up for grabs, meaning the game now has 54 achievements, totaling 1220 points. Whether they wanted to save 30 points for a rainy day, who knows? Seems a bit pointless if you ask me.