passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

I think it's a must if you've got a jailbroken phone/Touch, not sure how devs would approach coding their controls for a device that will only be used by a fraction of the userbase, but it's a good idea.

Oh, also had some great games with wiivo and Jimbo on Mecho Wars. :)

I'm tempted to buy the full thing so I don't have to see the adverts over and over, though one of them I don't mind looking at. :wub:

I was wondering about that, though I was more thinking that could we play together if we're on different versions? I'd guess we'd lose the current matches and free and paid people can't play together.

lets do it hendo. Then lets buy Mecho Wars as well :unsure:

::EDIT::

bought. I didn't have any multi games open at the time anyway. Hendo, if you try making a game and i'll try making one and we'll see which works, or you could just buy the full one as well.

If neither way works, i've kept the multi only one as well so we can carry on playing.

I got mecho wars too but never actually played it. Just grabbed it when it went on sale since everyone was raving about it :-)

Not a huge fan of Eliminate either. Totally agree that the controls really let it down. Also i dont think its balanced online at all. Near to launch it was fun when everyone had the rifle... but then anyone who unlocked the shotgun just owned... and now it seems that you can't really win unless you have rockets and max armour which is a bit dull.

While i do like the upgrade system i feel with an iphone game (i.e. hard to control) it should be a level playing field and if anything weapons are pickups.... so the last few games i have just got spanked hard and i am rappidly losing interest.

One new game you HAVE to check out though if you have a spare 5.99 is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Zombies.

Absolutely amazing.

If you ever unlocked the Nazi Zombie mode in World At War on your console then this litterally is that game on your phone. I am totally blown away by how successfully they have managed to pull this off and cram the whole thing onto the iphone without actually sacrificing much quality at all. Its by far the best looking game on the phone... controls aren't bad at all... and the gameplay and sounds etc from the console version are ALL there.

Add to this the fact that you can play co-op with up to three other randoms online OR hook up with your friends... pluss lots of achievements... its minblowing and seriously given me a boner for the possibility of them adding something like Spec-Ops mode from MW2 as individual download apps or something.

Anyway... only downside is the price... 3.99 would be a more realistic cost for this... BUT it is super polished and if you enjoyed the console version then you really do have to get this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=757zwvky5N8

Note that the guy in this video is using the drag to look control method...and is playing like a bit of a tard.. i prefer dual thumbsticks as its a bit easier.

Nazi Zombies was the best bit about World at War, I'm surprised it's taken them this long to make it a franchise in it's own right.

I'll wait for it to be cheaper though, it'll probably be a couple of quid in a couple of months.

Yeah it's honestly hard to justify that sort of a price to anyone.

It has been doing really well though and is 14 in the appstore currently.

Have also managed to play a few co-op games with randoms.

Played with a guy from work too today but he has a 3GS and it runs SOOO much faster than my 3G :-(

Haven't updated the first two posts in ages, I'll have to sit down and do a proper update at some point.

Though straight away I'd recommend Drop7, Sol Free, Flight Control, Dizzy Bee and Rolando.

Also, get yourself Mecho Wars Online (free version) and join in on some AW style battling.

Not tried that, didn't get on with the first very well.

I've updated the first two posts - I wouldn't say everything there is a must buy, but the general rule is usually, if there is a free demo version, it doesn't cost nowt but time.

My current recommendations are Drop7, Sol Free, Flight Control, Mecho Wars, Space Invaders : Infinity Gene, Zen Bound, Snail Mail, Dizzy Bee, Rolando and anything that's free really.

yep i'd agree with Hendo on all those, but also add to the mix..

Bejewled 2 - now has Facebook integration for leader boards, improved the game exponentially.

Tweetie 2 - if you are a twitter fiend. It isn't free, but it is much better than the free apps i've tried. (I've not moved up to tweetie 2 yet, still on 1, but i hear 2 is better)

EnjoySudoku - does what it says on the tin, best sudoku app i've used

iBlast Moki - incredibly addictive

Toy bot 1,2 & 3 - all three were great games, still a good bench mark for what a good iphone game should be.

yep i'd agree with Hendo on all those, but also add to the mix..

Bejewled 2 - now has Facebook integration for leader boards, improved the game exponentially.

Tweetie 2 - if you are a twitter fiend. It isn't free, but it is much better than the free apps i've tried. (I've not moved up to tweetie 2 yet, still on 1, but i hear 2 is better)

EnjoySudoku - does what it says on the tin, best sudoku app i've used

iBlast Moki - incredibly addictive

Toy bot 1,2 & 3 - all three were great games, still a good bench mark for what a good iphone game should be.

I'll add the missing ones onto the games list now.

Found out when checking the prices that most of them had dropped in price, and now there is a compilation of the 3 Toy Bot games for a couple of quid, so I'd download the free demo version and if you like it you might as well buy the 3 in one go.