passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kane and Lynch

Oliath

I finished this in the wee hours of this morn, wasnt overly impressed i must say. It feels broken and sluggish, the AI are fucking idiotic and its immensly frustrating in places. Tried to go online a few times and ive never yet found a game. Boo.

• 1 year later...

have we got a thread for the sequel?

I started it tonight and it starts really well for about 10 minutes. The opening chase scene is really well done, keeps things nice and simple, the shooting works and some of the camera work and effects are good. The second part is a bit arse, actually that's a bit harsh, it's just too messy due to the camera bobbing around and the graining effects. It's too hard to tell where the shots are coming from, that and you've got to hit markers and protect someone.

All that being said it runs really well on the pc, surprising given the bugs of the first game and the 360 version of this. I might actually stick at it and finish it.

It's only a few hours long, you're probably half way through.

In all honesty it just sounds like you're describing every action shooter ever, it works and it has fancy bits. I actually like the presentation, I got that from the demo but it's a competitive genre it's coming into and it has to do better than work and have some fancy bits.

I'd actually like to play it in a way but time, money and will power are not in its favour.

I've just completed Kain & Lynch 2, why dont you ask me what the endingg's like?

what's the ending like?

I dont know, everytime I get to it it glitches. You have to get on a plane, but when I get there only one of them gets on, the plane takes off and the game just hangs with the forgotton character standing in mid-air

I also dont think the last level is needed. The previous level has a nice conclusion, and features the biggest set pieces in the game. The final level though just feels like an anti-climax, like any other level in the game. It's probably not a bad level on its own, but it doesn't match what's gone before

The glitch was a shame because aside from that it's ran really well on the pc version. I've also enjoyed it far more that I thought I would, certainly worth whatever it was I paid. It is the same thing over and over again, but some of the killroom designs are pretty good, and the environment is really well done, especially the gritty feel of the Shanghai back street areas. I got a bit bored at points, but overall I genuinely enjoyed it