passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Contra 4

illdog

This is a hell of a game. On Easy that is.

Classic old school formula, run and shoot. Maybe a little to old school for some. And its fucking hard. Maybe a little too hard for some.

I completed Easy on my 5th go, after thinking it was nearly impossible on my first but thats the beauty of this type of game. In true shoot em up style, it all about learning the the levels and patterns of the bosses. Thing is with easy mode, once you know what the games gonna chuck at you, all you gotta do is save a poweful weapon for the boss and its a breeze.

Normal on the other hand is fucking ridiculous and so far not fun at all. The difficulty increase borders on ridiculous, you lives are slashed in half and everyone, from minor lackey to mighty foe are trained ninjas with a taste for blood.

Mission Mode is equally hard but every 4 challenges complete reward you with something cool, so far ive unlocked the origanl NES Contra and Super Contra which are both great bonuses.

Its pretty cheap this game and I think well worth picking up.

Hendo wrote:

Apparently the gap between the screens causes problems with the bullets appearing from nowhere

Yes, thats a good point I forgot to mention, that is fucking annoying, especially when the action is frantic. You cant seem to shoot stuff thats in that gap either, pretty crappy really. But ON THE WHOLE it doesnt detract from the experience.

Um, how do you "save a weapon" ill? I've just scraped through the first mission with only about 4 rests remaining. Am I missing something, cos I thought that once you got hit your weapons just goes back to normal and you can't upgrade it unless you get a token...?

Swallow wrote:

Um, how do you "save a weapon" ill? I've just scraped through the first mission with only about 4 rests remaining. Am I missing something, cos I thought that once you got hit your weapons just goes back to normal and you can't upgrade it unless you get a token...?

You press the L button to store a weapon. Then when you get to the boss (as long as you havent used a continue) switch back and kick ass. But if you use a continue you restart form a checkpoint but you revert to your crappy gun.

yeah you can pick up two weapons by switching weapons slots. when you die or pick up another weapon youll lose the one selected, and the one unselected will be tucked away safely for that boss fight or whatever youve got planned for it. also dont forget that holding R lets you stand still and direct fire with the dpad in 360 degrees

how many challenges you managed, ill?

TopGunKnacker wrote:

how many challenges you managed, ill?

8 so far, i guess you unlock stuff every 4 complete cos i got NES Contra after 4 and Super C after 8.

But as with the rest of the game, the challenges are harder than butt fucking a no-butted horse.

Hows about u TGK, have your 1337 skills seen u through many challenges? The first Mutt Hunt was a complete cunt, as are all enemy blitz's after the first one.

i didnt do just the first 22 challenges, i mean i completed 22 of them full stop. there was started to be ones i skipped for one reason or another after the first 10 or so. was going to come back to them but like i say, got sidetracked. ill definitely have to come back to it, its lots of fun and very addictive.

just wait until you unlock probotector, after 12 challenges i think. they kinda spoilt it with a gay catchphrase. its pretty funny in actual fact but it turns what was in my head a silent robot killer into c3po