passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Burnout Paradise

Hendo

Yeah it's definitely a game that keeps on giving.

Going back into it for the free update has made me realise just how much fun it was and how much stuff i still have to find and unlock.

Everytime i drive around on or offline i discover something new and the road rules thing is genius.

Its constantly updated with your friends stats.... so if someone has beaten your best time on a road it lets you know... simply driving around town reveals a whole set of new scores to beat.

Case in point..... almsost every road i drove down yesterday had Hendo's name beneath it.... which means that now its my personal mission to drive extra fast down those roads and wipe out his scores.

EDIT:

Woah that map link is very coool!!

I wish it was part of the criterion site and could work out from your game profile which stuff you had left to do..... or is that asking too much.

Yay

Have been inspired to get a vision camera now after seeing some hillarious mugshots while playing in Paradise City.

Ordered one off ebay just now.

Get ready for some mug-shots!!!

(and of course a couple of hundred gamer points for me)

Pah! I found all the locations months ago. ;)

I think I've done two complete rows of the online challenges, there's an achievement for it isn't there? Yep, 'Block Party'. But I don't mind helping you two out if you want!

The Crash TV video podcasts that Criterion do are very good, well worth downloading and watching. This is still my GOTY. :)

w00t!

My friend at work has got this and his Live account back on the go now as well, so we should be able to have loads of us freeburning around Paradise city! I fancy trying the Marked Man online, had a quick go the other day but I want more. MORE!

Nice one for getting that last event, Hendo.

Me and Oli did some Marked Man matches with a couple of his friend list buddies and they're a lot of fun!

Best time was all of us in the Airfield and saying "Nobody leave!" and starting up Marked Man. :D

Good times.

Yeah that was great fun.

I think its the only way marked man works.... if you have the whole map .... especially with a few people.... you end up never seeing anyone.

I wish they had put in the choice to restrict the play area in games like this... as they did with crackdown multiplayer modes.

What other small areas are there that would be good to use?

That dirt track thing could be cool?

And maybe the quarry?

Yeah the dirt track and quarry would be awesome!

Only 80 wins before I get my Elite license. :(

Two things:

Anyone got any tips for stunt runs? I'm awful at them.

Does anyone else find the race cars really shit to handle? I'm finding the steering far too loose and they just spin right round when I just want to turn a bit. I mostly stick to playing as a stunt car as I prefer the handling but I figured I'd better use a race car for the races now as I'm probably gonna need them.

Yeah the dirt track and quarry would be awesome!

Two things:

Does anyone else find the race cars really shit to handle? I'm finding the steering far too loose and they just spin right round when I just want to turn a bit. I mostly stick to playing as a stunt car as I prefer the handling but I figured I'd better use a race car for the races now as I'm probably gonna need them.

WHAAA... i think i have 92 wins...

Have you taken all the road rules back again too Hendo :angry:

STUNT RUNS: -

The best tip is don't crash!! ha ha

And know where all the stunt areas are... there are a few main areas where you can rack up a load of points.

Multipliers are your key to getting big scores too.... so whenever you can crash through a billboard as this doubles your score.

To keep a multiplier going chain stunts together... this can be through doing something as simple as drift or tapping boost before the meter fills up..

Another massive tip is to use reverse... it counts as a stunt... as does driving into oncoming traffic and near misses...

So if you are about to lost your multiplier then drive backwards.

Going backwards over a ramp will give you a higher score too.

Also you can only score ONCE per ramp... so make whatever you do on it worthwhile (some ramps are split though so you can get air and a barrel roll off them... and some are two way ramps)

Big air and barrel rolls are also good ways to get more points... so practice landing those barrel rolls.

Hope this helps...

If you still need advice i can go through some of the tips from the prima guide with you next time we are online?

And yeah... the race cars are HARD to handle... but they are a good way to win the race events... you just gotta be a bit more careful with the boost and only use it when you need to catch up... i hold off it when i am in the lead.

OH YEAH!! AND

My camera arrived today... so expec some mug shots soon..... er and expect the odd accidental photo of me naked or something... i so iknow its gonna happen. :weep:

Two things:

You need less for your Elite license than me, I need 99! I was going to stop at Burnout, but may go for the full one day.

No tips for stunt runs as I'm not too good at them either, but I find the cars handle very good. Certain cars do feel light and a bit twitchy, but I quite like the handling overall. What view does everyone use? I use the external camera, which is rare for me as I tend to always use bumper cam, as it gives you a good view especially when doing jumps and takedowns and the like.

Stunt runs, theres er a way of doing some... the incorrect way...

Get a speed car, go to the very right of the map, where theres a petrol station, near where u first start, and boost into the corner...

And u just keep boosting by holding A, once its past the score, let go.

Easy for 2 of the achievements to :P

Stunt runs, theres er a way of doing some... the incorrect way...

Get a speed car, go to the very right of the map, where theres a petrol station, near where u first start, and boost into the corner...

And u just keep boosting by holding A, once its past the score, let go.

Easy for 2 of the achievements to :P

NICE!!

Trying to find a vid of it... found this which is helpful... as it uses more... ahem... conventional methods

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k-i78lSkJYg