passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phoenix Wright 3: Trials and Tribulations

David

After some confusion, I think I understand what happened with the murder, but as for the actual ending itself? It was pretty good, but I was a little bit disappointed that there wasn't anything to suggest why Phoenix and the rest wouldn't be returning in the next Ace Attorney games.

I was hoping for at least a little glimpse of Apollo or some kind of definite "well, there's no way Phoenix is coming back" kind of ending. In the end (and I really don't think this spoils anything) the ending just runs through a few characters but doesn't really say "this is the end of the road". I was expecting Phoenix to die or give up his law career.

Other than that minor point, the game stands as one of the funniest I've played in quite some time.

*sticks up thumbs*

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendo wrote:

After some confusion, I think I understand what happened with the murder, but as for the actual ending itself? It was pretty good, but I was a little bit disappointed that there wasn't anything to suggest why Phoenix and the rest wouldn't be returning in the next Ace Attorney games.

I was hoping for at least a little glimpse of Apollo or some kind of definite "well, there's no way Phoenix is coming back" kind of ending. In the end (and I really don't think this spoils anything) the ending just runs through a few characters but doesn't really say "this is the end of the road". I was expecting Phoenix to die or give up his law career.

Other than that minor point, the game stands as one of the funniest I've played in quite some time.

*sticks up thumbs*

Not to spoil anything but:

apollojustice_gameplay_101807_qthigh_thumb_ign.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I finished this ages ago but I played through those awesome last hour or so again last night and remembered I didn't post my thoughts on case 5.:blush:

I thought it was excellent. The way it just tied everything together from all the games, and the fact it still still the good old usual nonsensical Ace Attorney games. The outcome of the case shocked me, even though looking back it may have been obvious who the murderer was.

It may be wrong to say this over a stupid little DS game, but as the credits rolled I swear I almost cried, partly because it was so great and the characters I may never see in a AA game again.

Apollo Justice has a lot to live up to. Still, I am excited for it.:)

• 1 month later...

I fired this up for the first time just before the weekend, loving it so far.

It was great to play as Mia in the first case and Phoenix was cracking me up in his little pink jumper and mask. When he shouted out that his girlfriend 'doesnt poop' i lol'd.

Case 2 is good so far, i read through this whole thread before posting and I agree with what Hendo said, i pretty much had it figured out from the start but you have to let the game play it out in its own brilliant and amusing way. Godot is cool as fuck!

I love the music in these games too, especially that each character or place has its own tune.

Very impressed so far.

Heh, I'm on the final case now. Enjoyed it a lot more than GS2 (not that that was bad, not at all) but this one is something else. Whether it'll match the fond memories I have of the first game is yet to be seen, but signs have been very good - can't think of one unenjoyable part of this game. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Only play this a little at a time due to the 10 million games im playing at once, but Case 2 is fan-fugu-tastic, all about Urns and Pink paint.

Altho it does seem massive for only the second case. Need to play through this a bit quicker, i wanna play the 4th one with everyone else, but I dont wanna rush through this one just for the sake of it.

Oh yeah, I finished this. Really, really enjoyed it, praps not as much as part 1, but still. Mega excited about part 4 now, I had a brief play on the Japanese version, but it wasn't exactly user-friendly for me...

• 2 months later...

I finished this a few weeks back, i thought Case 5 was a fucking triumph, bought loads of shit together and i was thoroughly hooked. Mia Fey is possibly the fittest VGC of all time, specially when she's being channelled by Pearl.

Its one of those games i wish i could delete from my memory and play again.