passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

David

I played a few operations, and I'm enjoying it.

It's more lenient due to the fact that the Wiimote isn't as precise as a stylus. I know what they mean about having a shaky hand.:dry:

And they did. :)

£27.71 - makes no sense, but a good price.

I've just finished the first chapter and it's as good as I expected it would be.

The graphical improvements are ace, though some animated cut scenes would've been good.

The music on the title screen rocks, and anime boobs, what more do you need?

The controls work really well, and I even got rank A on one level. I'm currently on Normal though as Games!!! said on the shoutbox, you can change your difficulty level at any time on the level select screen, so if you're not doing so well, just take it down a notch.

So far, tis very good, and the controls make more sense than I thought they would.

Nearly finished this now. :)

I'm on the 6th Chapter and I haven't dropped from Normal difficulty once. If anyone else is like me and enjoyed the DS one but found it too hard to really appreciate, then I'd advise getting this as the difficulty is just right.

Some levels are absolute cunts but with a bit of practice it all comes together.

OK. I'm now on the very last story operation in the game, Vulnerabilty, and it is so god damn hard.

It's another Savato, but it's a million times harder than the last.

I think I may be going down to easy somehow.

Hmm.

Oh joy, it took me ages to do that first Savato. :(

I'm not far behind you, I'm on the one where you take it in turns to fix 4 patients.

Unfortunately, I have to use one of my Healing Touches as I just can't do one of the types of GUILT any other way (the one with triangles).

I'm ashamed to admit that I did the last two levels on Easy, but I was getting too close to throwing my remote at the TV on the 2nd to last level.

I've now put the DS version back in my DS Hori case ready to be picked back up, dunno if I'll be any better as there's a few changes to the instruments on the Wii one.

Here's what I found on GameFAQ's about how different this is to the original....

* A new playable character, Dr. Nozomi Weaver. She also has the Healing Touch.

* A completely new Chapter 6, containing a so-called "eighth GUILT."

* New tools and items:

> Defibrillator

> Penlight

> Camera flash

* Reworked functionality for some existing tools:

> Membranes no longer need to be massaged (as there is no Hand tool).

> Drain only needs to be held in place to be used.

> Syringe does not need to be "drawn up," only held in place.

> The defibrillator is now used in place of "heart massages."

> There is no Healing Touch tool to select -- simply hold Z and B and

draw the star at any time.

* Reworked missions:

> An Explosive Patient is completely redone.

> All of Chapter 6 is completely replaced.

> A few missions have had their titles retranslated or changed.

* New, even harder X missions.

* Three difficulty settings, selectable for each operation (Easy, Normal, Hard).

The X Missions have their own difficulty level entitled "Extreme."

* Able to replay any mission at any time, on any difficulty of your choosing.

The level with the penlight and camera flash is brilliant and that's how co-op could work - one does the surgery and the other lights the body. Or cleans up as the assistant?

• 1 month later...

I just started playing this yesterday and had a quick go (fnarr etc) before work this mornin.

I love the presentation, the dialogue is a little irritating but I suppose its trying to build a story. I love the DS version with its stylus magic but I am enjoying selecting my tools with the nunchuck, it certainly helped make short work of burning polyps with the Laser/Healing Gel combo using a deft flick of the thumb, no time for excess blood to flow eliminating pesky draining. w00t!

Dr.Styles is well and truly back in the house.