passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Brothers in Arms: War Stories

Centy

Out today has anyone picked it up?

We did a little about it in the podcast and i personally am really impressed with it. The graphics alone are superb apporaching Metroid's standard and the sound is better. The game is nicely paced and is a real achievement for the DS the controls are well thought out though i felt the sensitivity is a little low for aiming and no option to increase it.

The game does have flaws including very poor clipping at times and the aforementioned controls but they are minor things i picked up on that most people wont care about. My only other gripe is that theres only 4 weapons in the game no counting emplacement weapons and vehicles.

I completed the normal difficulty campagin last night and the last mission was fairly tough but nothing that made me get frustrated now i will begin hard mode. To be fair though this is the kind of thing the DS needs a bit more of given that the controls are perfect for shooters and clearly the DS is upto it. So this game gets a big thumbs up from me.

Well i hate to shatter your illusions but the game isnt online as far as i can tell the game isnt online locla only i know there are some dodgy boxarts flying around Amazon.co.uk i think still has the wfc logo on the box. Ubisofts official sites also dont mention online mode either.

OMG! I really surprised how well this turned out. Just done the 1st mission, think Im gonna enjoy this, I don't care that much that its too short I've got enough games to play on both DS and Wii

Shame about WFC though, As centy said Amazon.com had the WIFI logo on the box, I got my hopes up! Oh well. Let keep our fingers crossed for a sequal

I dont know i reckon the game itself is pretty good and frankly i dont see how the wifi would work anyway havent had a chance to play multi but i dont reckon it will be upto much, shame you cant rent games anymore.

First, I don't care that much about online gaming, actually. Especially FPS games, as it seems I'm always matched with people that played the game 24/7.

Anyway, I think that game is VERY impressive. I think the graphics are more detailed than Metroid, (higher polygon count) but the framerate is a lot lower though. Although it is still very playable.

I think the sound is amazing for a DS game.

Overall, I think it even compares nicely to other WWII games (especially, the MOH series) on other more powerful systems. Not on graphics, sure, but overall "fun-factor" and game mechanics. It's a bit "on-rails" like most of the MOH series, "do this, go there, now do that..." kind of game, but it's still very fun.

My only gripes are the low framerate, some clipping, and some parts where you end up being stuck and unable to move. Altough that last thing doesn't happen too often so it's forgiveable, given the ambitious nature of that game...

So, in one word : Impressive.

I recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite pleased with the game. There are certain aspects I wish were different, such as the sensitivity. Aiming is fine, but turning round is a right pain sometimes - I died a fair few times due to this issue alone.

For me, this is what Call Of Duty on the N-Gage should have been - a gripping, fast-paced portable shooter. Shame about the wifi though :(