passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Problem with Nintendo

James

Nicked off the net...

"There’s been quite a bit of financial information from companies recently as those reports have been coming out, with numbers such as 5.84 million Wii systems sold from launch to the end of March 07, and things like that. However, when going through the Analyst Meeting Material, there’s a page of upcoming things. It’s proof if proof were needed, of what is wrong with Nintendo.

Below are 3 thumbnails, leading to 3 different images of content from the file. It’s the release data for Japan, America, and Europe"

wrongwithnintendo1.gif

wrongwithnintendo2.gif

wrongwithnintendo3.gif

"Nintendo aren’t even bothering to confirm that Galaxy will even ever hit Europe this year! There seems to be a pattern with release date announcements from NoE: you’ll only hear about it around 2 months before the game comes out. Long term planning? Hahah, you’re kidding, right?"

ASH is still TBA on the Ds list but atleast its not dead as we previously thought.

We do always get shafted it just seems that bit more than usual with the Wii who knows things might improve but lets face it no importing and crappy release dates do not make the Wii appear in a great light.

i think somethign has gone wrong when we can import games cheaper then buying them here, but atleast we gett he good stuff eventualy

adi wrote:

i think somethign has gone wrong when we can import games cheaper then buying them here, but atleast we gett he good stuff eventualy

That would be the rubbish state of the American dollar!

Not rubbish for us though.

stu wrote:

we also get the odd game first...

kororinpa, wii play are 2 that spring to mind

also, picross ds is out here before the US....

It's exceedingly rare though!

On the whole, we get shafted. We always have and we always will.

The nail got hit on the head right there. Nintendo's treatment of the PAL region is shocking. Personally, I think the very few games we get before the US aren't as good as the ones they get. I'd rather have SPM, than Mario Strikers Charged, whichh I'm only really buying for online play.

Haven't Sony got quite a bad track record too? I remember Kingdom Hearts taking bloody ages to come out over here after being released in the US, Okami too I think.

Microsoft aren't too bad when it comes to release dates but there seems to be far more Live content in the US than Europe, we even get demos long after the States.

Pretty shoddy all round if you ask me, does anyone know what the reason for this is?

It's because they're all Nazi's.

I think it's basically localisation that causes half of it, but that doesn't explain why Demo's take so long to appear on live. They probably have to fill out some paperwork, only they can't be arsed and they keep saying "I'll do it tomorrow" and then they leave it for a month before they remember to do it.

You're kinda close I think, Sly.

As I understand it, there's a lot of legal red-tape to plough through before a game can get released and if you think about how each country has different laws....

The localisation problem for me can be easily cleared up by working on the different languages (text and voice acting) while the game is being made. If you know it's gonna be a game that will sell by the bucket-load in the West, why not do the things you'll end up doing anyway, but earlier?