passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

SD cards and Wii

Hendo

So, I finally bought a 2gig SD card and will probably buy another one for the R4, but what I want to know is, what can I use the SD card in the Wii for?

I've got no way of passing files over from my PC as I have no card reader, so what benefits will I have?

I take it that I can move all my game saves across, but what about the VC games?

I've heard recently that you can store VC games on there, you just can't play them direct from the SD card - in other words, instead of deleting them from your system (only to re-download them later from the shop when you want to play them again), you copy them to the card and then delete them.

EDIT

I've put it in the Wii now and copied the 4 VC games I've completed but I'm having troubles with the card staying in - it never seems to lock in place, and when I close the lid on the front, it pops out a little.

Any tips?

pops out a little? o_O is the lock on the side of it slid in the right place? if u bought an sd card for a wii, u may as well get a sd card reader, i did, now i can edit pictures, race to music on excite truck etc.

I was going to pick an SD card up, mainly for Pic's/Mp3 and game save backups, but I didn't bother as I needed a reader/writer, I know they're only about a tenner, but with a 2gb card it would be over £35 all in.

But when I ordered the R4 I had to get a MircoSD, which handily came with a SD adapter Here So i can use the USB dongle that came with the R4 to transfere data to the MircoSD and use the adpter for when I need it for the Wii. Killed two birds with one stone!!! Sorted!