DS Homebrew thread

Hendo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a shame about Touch me! argh! Strange though coz his other game Everlasting Love works fine. I hope he'll put DLDI support in his next build.

You cab get both HERE

AmplituDS rocks ! I didn't get that when I first saw it as I thought it was the music sequencer I've already got.

moggymatt wrote:

mynameis wrote:
decided to try out Beup. But it doesnt seem like it wants to connect?

It stops connecting at "Acquiring host info from DHCP"

Did you get Beup from the links in my post? or elsewhere, also how are you connecting to the net Wifi Router or USB dongle?

Yeh i used ur link, and no im no using the USB dongle, im using my NetGear Wireless router Sky gave me

mynameis wrote:

Yeh i used ur link, and no im no using the USB dongle, im using my NetGear Wireless router Sky gave me

Humm then Im not sure. I do know some homebrew doesn't work with certain routers! The USB dongle being one.

There are some good threads on the offical R4 forums... try there

Well the Homebrew game of the week which this is going to be isn't even a game its an art program called Phidias which ive been playing with lately and love to bits.

Official Dev Site

Recently its been optimised since i played last and has so much potential as you'll see from the site the link below is an example of some of the images all ive done so far is make some really random sock puppet looking monsters but its more advanced than you'd think so give it a go as you can save your art and take it off your homebrew and DLDI has recently been added so give it a go.

Phidias_screenshot2.png

::EDIT::

And my attempt which i just uploaded.

my%20phidias%20attempt.jpg

post-70-1180531677.png

mynameis wrote:

u know wat would be awesome? If there was a site with only DPG movies. So instead of converting ur videos, you'd just download it of that site

Im gonna have a look around on google :woohoo:

You know what would be awesome some posts that were constructive do you think this is your blog or something? The converter is just as easy as having them already there thats why it's there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was up all night playing Puzzlemainiak!

It's ace.

First of all it needs DLDI for R$.

The 6 puzzles are all logic ones, and some may take a bit of time to sink in, instructions are provided though.

You can choose to just play random puzzles, or download athe daily challenge using WFC.

This is really a great fully featured homebrew game.

I'll put this into the puzzle guide at some point.

Ever fancy some classic literature on the go? The Moon Books Project now provides over 60 books and 140 movies specially formatted for your DS viewing pleasure. All the books and films are in the public domain so they're legal to download

QUOTE(Moon Books Project)

the goal is to release classic literature onto the Nintendo DS. With the popularity of brain enhancing software such as Big Brain Academy and Brain Age, it's about time someone released something to not only enhance the mind, but to expand the users knowledge based.

http://moonbooks.net/moonbooks/news.php

Righty ho as it seems to be quite a popular one and one im rather proud of here's my latest skin for the R4/M3 brought to you by a crazed night of looking at pikmin with stu :D.

pikminskin.jpg

Download Here!

And you can find all the skins ive made at this here place so if anyone has any requests ive been feeling arty of late so request them and feel free to leave comments aswell :)

Centy's Skins

Centy, get rid of the box around the icons and it'd be a 100% skin

And i've found out that the DS can be used as a Wireless Media Extender!!

Basically, u can control ur winamp playlist from ur DS, and also, play the songs from ur Winamp playlist onto ur DS with a different application, which then can be attached to ur home cinema system or whatever!

More info here; http://forums.r4ds.net/showthread.php?t=1478

I've finally got it working, and damn, its a good peice of kit :D

omg the pikmin one is quality, im gna download it to replace the lady with the sword, my parents play brain training on my ds now, need to hide ¬_¬

Just thought I'd update the thread on a few things.

Lameboy v.8 [Gb/GBC] Out now works fully with sound! D/L-LINKY

DS Channels is well worth a look, seems to be a great new GUI kinda based on the wii. Check a the link for a Tutorial on how to set up LINKY

Love the Pikmin Skin Centy, I was getting bored of mine, good work!

For those that are interested in emulation, NESds has been updated with DLDI support.

It now works perfectly on all DLDI compatible devices, provided you patch the .ds file with the DLDI driver for your flash cart.

So far, I say the compatibility is "near" 100%.

Noize wrote:

So far, I say the compatibility is "near" 100%.

I call about 90% so far but still better than the 50 or 60 of the last version. I find the touchscreen for debug and file loading is knackered or is it just my ds.

Picodrive is another one im interested in as i have a few old Megadrive games sitting in my folks attic and no Megadrive anymore infact my Megadrive Mega cd doesnt work anymore and i cant find my Mega drive II :( been hankering to play Robocop vs Terminator again B)