passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

Maf

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this on Monday, took me about 40 hours to clock it.

I loved it like almost all Pokémon games really, it didn’t do anything particularly different or special but it’s always nice to be in this jolly world battling and capturing Pokémon.  

After the departures from the mould in Let’s Go! And Sword/Shield it was nice to go back to a ‘traditional’ no frills Pokémon game again. 

Didn’t change my team up a lot from the last time I posted and didn’t have any troubles at all until the Elite Four when it was touch and to at times, but still got through it alright. Definitely a little more challenge here than the previous two games although not by much.

5E5AF9A1-69BB-4F72-A1EB-08D416AABB10.jpeg

7FE11F8B-D251-4896-8C98-2836023530F2.jpeg

Spoiler

C9D910A2-D459-49BD-8D8C-298E117B38C0.jpegEC34FDB6-E755-4B82-B1FF-572A9ED02941.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Maf said:

How did you find Roserade? Did you give it TM's so it was good? 

Evolved it from Budew > Rosaria then used the shiny stone from the Iron island to get Roserade.

And yeah I used the Giga Drain TM, I got Petal Blizzard too but think that was naturally. 

• 1 month later...

Getting ready for the Legendaries in April (Darkrai and Arceus, two Pokemon I've never caught before). I went and got the National Dex unlocked in this. Nicely they don't make you catch every Pokemon you just need to see them all. After playing through the story normally I had 5 left.

1 was Dialga. Which a woman just shows you a quick picture of so done.

One was a Wormadam. Which in this game would be massively difficult to come across but thankfully there was a trainer battle on a route I missed. They use a Wormadam so done.

Then it was the 3 Lake Guardians. I went to each lake, met them and done. So National Dex unlocked by

Spoiler

FOEWwspVUAUwUX_?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I've heard of you. You are kinda famous, I guess 

Anyway. Lake Guardians. 1 of them runs away and you have to chase it down like the Legendarys in GSC, but the other two sit there. So if they're just sitting there, well, I'm not going to not catch them. That then started the bug and I accidentally spent my afternoon on a Legendary hunt.

First 

Spoiler

Second

Spoiler

And third

Spoiler

So this is my current Legendary catches in the game. All of them in regular Pokeballs too because I ain't no bitch 🙌

FOEWws3VUB8xVDe?format=jpg&name=large

Despite being completely enamoured with Pokemon Arceus for the first 20 hours or so. It is really nice to return to a game with structure, locations, dungeons, maps. A game where things are happening and looks really good. Like really good. BDSP is a great looking Switch game. 

Arceus still has the things I want Pokemon to move towards. The speed, the surprise, the movement, no random battles, the sense of freedom. Bringing back that addictive quality the series used to have. But Arceus is so deficient in every other thing outside of it's most core mechanics it's really nice to play an actual well rounded game. As much as I like some of what they're going for in the battle system with Arceus, I still prefer the battle system here too. It's nice not being ganged up on. 

Fingers crossed that gen 9 is really able to take the best of both and blend it together.  

• 1 month later...