passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hell Let Loose

Whiskey_chaser

So i've been trying to figure this game out over the last few nights and it's been a bit of a mixed experience. The main issue is that this is a brutally hard game with a complex set of systems in play and absolutely no tutorials at all, with the exception of a pretty vague field manual. If anyone is interested in this, i'd recommend watching at least a few of the many tutorial videos out there as if not, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's all about playing the objective, with an overall commander who can speak to the officer of each squad. The officer of each unit (and I believe the spotter for a recon unit) of each squad is equipped with a watch that lets them build outposts (spawn points) in certain areas of the map, dependant of where the friendly and enemy lines lie. There's also a support system that lets supply trucks and the support class deliver supplies to the commander who can call in air strikes and the like. 

What makes it tougher is at the moment, the game is flooded by people that have absolutely no idea what they're doing (I still hold myself in that bracket but at least I have the decency to lay down outposts if i'm the officer). If you die (and you will), and there are no outposts for your squad, it's right back to the starting HQ spawns for you.

That being said, when you do get a team that knows what it's doing, and everything goes to plan, oh boy is this game a treat! The sense that your part of a massive battle is immense, and the audio is so immersive that it's unsettling at times - it's almost a bit too real. The sound of bullets whistling past your ear as the pounding of an air-strike goes off in your headphones is a treat, hat's off to the audio guys for this game.