passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cruis'n Blast

spatular

I didn't really want to start a thread for this because i'm a bit down on it, but it does have a lot of good points too, i suspect there are people who really like it.

it's a crazy rollercoaster of a game, with backflipping dinosours, and if that's what you want from a game (who doesn't?) - it's great. initially it is great. it runs really smooth and looks surprisingly good in motion too. the handling is where i have a problem with it, and initially that's good too, easy to get into, easy to get drifting - my problem with it is hard to explain, it's like there's no depth to it, it's like the easy to pickup hard to master thing - it just has the first part. had i waited and got it a bit cheaper i think i'd have been fine with the fun on offer here.

I sort of want to recommend the semi-recent inertial drift (i've only played it on pc so don't know if there are problems with the switch version) instead but that is sort of opposite to this, and has it's problems too. the tracks are dull in comparison and some cars are hard to get into the handling, but there's depth to the handling there which is more what i'm looking for if i want to spend some time with an arcade racer. so depends what you're looking for. (edit - and that hotshot racing too, that was pretty good)

it is pretty fun though so if you know what you're getting into i still think i recommend this when it comes down in price

edit2 - it has a car that looks like the crazy taxi car, and the old/cool corvette stingray too, so that's good

I agree, it feels like you're driving on rails most of the time, like 3D Sonic games kind of do as well. The drifting also seems a bit off, there's no weight to it. I'm also not a fan of some of these very short courses you can finish under 45 seconds.

It's fun in short bursts and there's a lot of cool over-the-top stuff happening during racing (and I'm a big fan of huge jumps in arcade racers) but I expected a bit more to be honest.