passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario 64 DS

Hendo

Well after wiivo's challenge, I figured it would be cool to go back and pick this up after well over a year since I last played it and see how it compared to my first impression back then.

I got this with my DS along with a second hand copy of Zookeeper (ZK being a U.S. copy - shame on GAME!). To be honest I was more interested in Zookeeper but I had fond memories of Mario on the 64 so I thought, "Why not?"

I hated the controls.

The d-pad is a poor cousin to the old stick and playing using the touch screen is madness. So I didn't play it much.

Getting back into it now though, and using the d-pad too! It's just bizarre having a button to run - it just feels wrong.

But....for the sake of unlocking those mini-games, I'm playing on.

I am enjoying it though!

On my uncle's wedding birthday my goddaughter(their granddaughter) took a DS with Mario 64. I played it for a while and I couldnt believe how like the N64 one it was. A few weeks later it was my birthday and with the money people gave me I got a DS and Mario 64. in 3 days I was nearing the end. My god daughter kept bugging me to unlock the minigames in her cartridge so we swapped cartridges and I got 150 stars and all mini games in 2 days. This game is my favourite :P

I think they are dude.

I love this game too on any format, but ive never finished it on the DS. Ive got about 120 stars and ive fought the final Bowser but i hate the level you have to go through to get to him, and once he beat me (lucky fucktard) i couldnt be arsed with it again. But i will, if only to beat Ben at most completed games of 2006.

I've now beaten Bowser the first time through and unlocked Mario as a character.

I have to say I'm enjoying it more than I was now I can appreciate the extra stuff they put in.

Controls still suck though.

I've unlocked 2 of the mini-games (2 rabbits in a basement I think?) but not the one I want.

When do you drain the moat, relmatos?

After beating bowser you can go to the lower levels of the map. in the cellar there's one door without stars that leads to a room with water. if you swim down the tunnel you'll end up in another room with 2 columns coming out of the water. if you do that ass jump (hiting the ground with Mario's ass) on each column you'll push them down and drain the moat. It's exactly like in the original Mario 64.

Cheers to relmatos for both the glitch vid and the guide of how to drain the moat!

I did the deed, caught the rabbit in the moat and also one outside.

I've had a bash at that mini-game now and though I was slightly improving, like ill says, it really is down to luck more than anything.

I'm enjoying the main game though!

ahhh wow.

i love this game... its one of my favourite titles.

I havent played it since i first got my DS though, but its really immersive... just bloody tough and frustrating at times.

Perhaps i will have to cheat a little and read some FAQ's to help me back into it.

You see some people on youtube that are rediculously good at it.