passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fight N Rage

DANGERMAN

I'm not entirely sure if Fight N Rage is an ongoing thing, there's not a lot about it on the net, but hopefully it comes to something else so other people play it

Fight N Rage is a scrolling brawler, most modern brawlers that ape old school brawlers tend to be a bit one note, the most recent Double Dragon was an example of that. It borrows from Streets of Rage 2 pretty heavily, there's forward forward attack, a special move that uses your health if you don't have enough special meter, a beach level with kick boxers, a lift.

What makes it stand out is probably the combo system. It feels a bit mashy, but it's more because there's big windows and it's responsive. It's juggle heavy, so I found myself launching my character at the enemies then starting the standard attack combo before using the launcher move to get them in the air, combo, then finish with the air super. You can parry attacks, I never quite mastered it, but the problem is more that there's attacks coming in from everywhere. It's cool when you pull it off, but it's not the most valid tactic for a lot of the game

It is stupidly hard at points though. I had to give up on normal in the boss room and start again on easy (you have to use earned currency to buy the easy mode). You don't continue from where you died, you get sent back to a checkpoint, the enemies before the boss messed me up more than I think the boss would. Anyway, it's cool, I like the Neo Geo Colour look to it, not sure about the TV screen presentation, but I never got around to turning that off so I can't say there's a better alternative but I'd be surprised if there wasn't

Sounds like a Mix of Final Fight and Streets of Rage ?

I love the old scrolling beat-em-ups. Streets of Rage 2 being one of my favourite games of old time. I've enjoyed other recent releases like Castle Crashers or Scott Pilgrim, but nothings quite hit those heights of old. 

I'll keep an eye out ?