passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

Damn! That sucks, I was just carrying that many (117k) and thankfully didn't!

Went back to shaded woods but nothing to do there now (not til later). There seem to be 2 directions in Pharos and I've ended up in Brightstone Cove. Seems well easy?!

Today I went from the beginning of Brightstone Cove to what must the final boss in one go. Got it to about 10% health and screwed up, funny how it always works like that. Ton of souls just sitting there waiting for me now.

Once I have done this section, I have the other direction in Pharos to investigate and then only The Gutter and whatever else follows. I guess that is end game after!!

There's just the one I the woods, where the path splits into 3 and one inside the castle, I think it's ground floor at the rear. Have fun!

None of it seems too hard now, I kinda just wanna finish it :)

Still got those big black doors to face where you need the kings seal, not sure what's behind them.

Yup, done both of the bosses in Iron Keep.

In the castle, right near the bonfire, there's a room with small statues that come to life that block doors. Behind most of them are the same kind of enemies you had as bosses much earlier, big thin dudes with shields. In one of the rooms the guy smashes through the floor and below there's an armour set.

I picked it up and then died. Might grind away at that section till it's clear.

I cleared that room once only I think, sounds like it might be worth a revisit. I never noticed a hole in the floor though, does that happen every time?

I wonder if the armour is worth it? I've upgraded all of mine so much now, not sure where else I'd get titanite either.

I did find a bug in the game, a little later. Same deal as before, where you clear out an area and then one of those big dudes turns a device - only I had to clear the room 4 times over before it happened, which left me going in circles, frustrating.

Woo! That was a nightmare. I am now able to get through those big black doors though. I went through the one in the Forest of Giants and it seems that I need to do something with one of those trees/statues that are dotted around the game. They always let me press 'examine' but then nothing ever happens. Any idea what I need to do to get something happening?

Ah ha! Sorted it, thought I ought to spoiler this one.

Wooden Giant Statues. With the King´s Ring in your pocket, equip it and teleport to the second bonfire in Shaded Woods again. Take the middle path now to open the door which usually says "Produce the Symbol of the King" to get to Aldia´s Keep. Beat the boss to get to Dragon Aerie and Dragon Shrine eventually. Speak to the NPC at the end to get the Quest Item which lets you activate the Wooden Giant Statues in the Forest of Fallen Giants.