passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

I found Pate and got the sign from him.

Levelled up a few times and have bought a mace which I have upgraded twice now, should do some decent damage.

Are you talking about the tree that leads to the fire dragon/demon/thing or the one that leads up towards Pate?

Also, enemies in the starting area now go down in one hit which is nice.

Those rhino/hippo things - killed the one on its own. The two together, I killed one but the other wandered off, haven't seen him since. I can only guess that he wandered towards the water, drowned and I got the souls for it?

The tree that goes up. There is an open area on the right and a wall on the left.

Who is Pate?

I killed a rhino thing too but it took me ages, need to upgrade more.. I use the Majula blacksmith

Seems like I'm at an impasse, I can only see 3 ways to progress and all are bosses which I appear to be incapable of beating. The Pursuer, The Dragonrider and the dude in the Blue Cathedral. Help!!

I'm at lev 43 and can inflict a decent amount of damage (those big knights take either 2 or 3 hits to beat).

Do I just lack the necessary skill?

Wow. That is mental. I can't even get to 2/3 of his energy :/

Will try that now, thanks.

I got to The Bastille and got to the bosses but died and no way worth going back to get my 10000 souls :(

Haha :)

I've kept my load under 70% which is apparently the threshold for proper rolling. Shame as I have an ultra great sword and full draingelic (spelling?) armour that I cannot really use!

Way into the Wharf now, although I've turned it off for the night. Bit creeped out after all the monsters... Was just doing my teeth and the cat opened the door, I shit my pants!

Might go back tomorrow and see if I can kill the Blue cathedral boss. I think I've done pretty much all I can in the Forest Of Giants, although I never did get the salamanders, I need to be able to drop further..

I'm level 58 now and planning to increase my intelligence to 15 (it's currently 12) so I can use soul spears and more!

I found something else last night. Within those menus you can press 'help' (select on PS3) to get a little info. I've been googling it all as nothing really made sense initially. Now I understand the different types of magic and what stats you need to utilise each 'path'.

I tested the 70% thing, makes a give difference :)

Even if you have 3 weapons in each slot, they all count. So I just have one of everything so I can use a half decent sword and wear not too bad armour.

Guess this is turning into my adventure thread again.. Sorry :)

I'm about 25 hours in now and level 59 I think. I can finally use magic, although it isn't as amazing as I thought it might be, going to get a better spell and see. I'd sooner upgrade this than a bow and arrow as I think it will be way more useful later on. Pretty much covered the whole of the Wharf now, the boat is sitting there waiting, not sure what it does or where it goes, that is the next task.

Shit, Jon - if you didn't feel levelled enough to take down bosses, I have no chance!

Gonna jump back in but no real clue what I'm gonna do other than run round the usual places and level up. I don't feel strong enough to push forward yet.

Sorry if you see spoilers, Tommy :(

Personally, I regret playing the game "fresh" with no knowledge.

Speaking of which, I just did what Jon advised me on the last page, so I now have a couple of shortcuts unlocked and have gained 3000 souls into the deal too.

Haven't gone after the enemy yet though.

I just lost 20,000 souls :(

That felt quite bad.. Made it to the far side of the Wharf, died, started the area again and got killed by one of the most easy to kill soldiers as soon as I started. Bit of lunchtime cheer for me.

I don't think we are really putting in many spoilers are we? Nothing that would ruin it for me at least. Tommy, it is aces, you'll have a great time.

Hendo, my tactic for the bosses was to farm a path from the bonfire to the boss and then only tackle him once I could get there without gaining souls that I would inevitably lose.

I found the boss down the lift (Forest Of Giants this is) way easier (only took a few goes) than the dude at the top, who was a 'c word'.

I've taken out 3 bigguns so far, just the cathedral of blue left, which I must go back to actually, I've levelled up a shit ton since my last go.

I did accidentally go into a room with a boss in The Bastille and died instantly, dreading doing that room. You'll see what I mean once you get there.

Sorry if you see spoilers, Tommy :(

Personally, I regret playing the game "fresh" with no knowledge.

Oh no, I haven't! I'm saying it's my excuse for avoiding this thread. Even small things could constitue a game a spoiler in a game like Dark Souls I think.

I could see the drawbacks of playing it "blind", when I consider the knowledge I got from the Dark Souls wiki. But still, it just begs to be attempted...